1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

BERGANTINO in CHICAGO !!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Big String, Sep 16, 2008.

1. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Good news for you Berg fans.
    I just picked up the first AE410 shipped to Bass Club Chicago now carrying the Berg line-up. I made arrangements to try and buy. I even helped take it out of the box. Mark and Nathan at Bass Club Chicago are knowledgeable and great to deal with. I was pleased not to mess around with shipping and the likes of, so the AE hitched a ride home with me.

So, I get the AE410 home, have a bit of deeeeelicous dinner, then head to 'the room' I plug my LMII first. Just like many have said, it sounds fantastic. I plug in my B1500 and get another smile on my face. Taking the AE/LMII to corporate gig on Saturday. I'm preparing to be 'neo' impressed. :)

Another fine design by Jim!

Just for the record, this is my 11th Berg ;)

2. Cool! I think you will dig it quite a bit, based on your posts about your experience with various cabs. This one seems to have your name on it!

Let us know.

3. MingusBass

MingusBass Commercial User

Sep 27, 2004
    Fort Wayne,Indiana
    Great news and it's about damn time. I picked up a NV610 a few months ago and also own a Berg mini-stack but I'm glad to know people in our neck of the woods have a new option.

4. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    New Jersey
    I am very excited about this as I haven't heard any of the new Bergantino stuff since I moved to Chicago. I might even go this Saturday to check them out.

5. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    dang!

6. Big String

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Cool, welcome to Chitown SmallE.
    When you go over to BCC, keep in mind the current small test rooms there an more guitar friendly than for bass. They're working on that. It was ok... but when I got my AE410 home with my bass and amps I was really impressed. Have fun!!

7. Big String

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    That's "Wing-Dang-Doodle" all night long too...

My 11th Berg and my 35th bass cab :)

8. Big String

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Will do. Special thanks to you an others for the feedback.

You, Gary, Tom, Dominic, Ian, JimB., I'm sure i missed some.

BTW, that big B on the cab is for Big String .... :)

9. Smallequestrian

Smallequestrian Rock and/or Roll Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2004
    New Jersey
    Oh, I am not quite that new, been in Chicago for a year and bought one of my Mesa's from Bassclub. Its just that back in Texas I would frequent Bass Emporium and got to play though all the Berg stuff there, but since there are no dealers here, I haven't gotten a chance to play through any of the new stuff.

10. Big String

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    I forgot to mention how well the AE takes to very minor eq changes too at least in 'the room'

The LMII filters and the VTC on my Sad made some very usable/pleasing changes to my tone with just slight adjustments. Nice.

11. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    not to be a boob, but PICS!

12. Big String

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    I don't have any boob pics.... at least not on me. :ninja:

I'll try to take some tonight if I remember.

13. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    DFW, Texas
    Congrats, Big!

I was just a matter of time, huh?

Be very careful about hooking up your AE410 and your DrBass 2460 at the same time with that B1500 -- make sure there are no small animals in the vicinity.

14. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Congrats Dean! The more I gig with my AE410, the more I like it. And I loved it to begin with!

I was hesitant at first to use it for smaller gigs, but it sounds so full and punchy yet articulate when playing quieter too.

I agree it takes EQ very well. I cut the high mids on the LMII just a bit since the AE410 already rich in the high mids. I set the low and low mids flat, but I've also boosted them to 1 0'clock and man, that added some meaty punch!

Looking forward to your gig review. I hope you are as impressed as I am. Gary

15. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Congrats, Big String! Yep, I noticed the Bergs for sale last night on the LOG (Lakland Owners Group) board. I talked to Mark (agreed, he's a great guy) earlier this year about whether he might start carrying Bergs--I guess I should be careful what I wish for! Bass Club's just a couple miles from me, my checkbook is now quivering in fear.:help:

16. Big String

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    Run Forest Run! :smug: mwaaaaahhahahahah

17. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Best.

News.

Evar!

18. I NEED A BERG!!! AUGH!!!!

Congrats on your (grrr) 11th! ;)

19. Congrats Dean! Welcome to the AE club! :bassist:

20. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    I'm going to b up there this fri...gonna try to check it out then. :)