bergantino ip seris

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass_extremes, Mar 15, 2006.

1. bass_extremes

Jul 9, 2005
    Hey everyone, I was thinking about getting a epifani ul502 combo but im thinking about going another route. Is the Bergantino ip seris cabs are they a cab with a poweramp built in so I would just need a pre to use it? and so I want to now how much would the ip310 cost in Canadian dollars? and do you know any place that would have the quest 2 pre in Canada that would have the discounted price like musicians friend?
  2. The IP's are the cabs with the power amp built in, and the DSP processor.

Jim lists the following dealer as his only Canada retailer:

45 Ossington Avenue
    Toronto, ON, Canada M6J 2Y9

You would have to call/email them for the price.

Good luck.
  3. 62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    $2859 Canadian according to Club Bass's website.
  4. Hrothgar

Hrothgar Guest

Sep 22, 2003
    If you have the money, get the Berg IP!! I've got the 112 and will never go back to the unpowered box! That DSP rocks my socks :bassist:

Oh, and you won't need a preamp, necessarily. Maybe just a little something to boost your signal, like an EQ pedal, Sadowsky DI, line driver, etc. But mine is definetly gig-worthy without an outboard preamp at all.
  5. Call / email Dave at Club Bass. He'll hook you up and he's a great guy to deal with... nice change from the "big box stores".

6. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The IP series from Bergantino is, hands down, the best option that I have heard when it comes to solid state bass amplification. You can read more about them in my intial thread regarding this new line, or you can read some of the other players' feedback from my recent GTG (starting around page 14 or so).

Jim's engineering background really shines through in these cabs (and in the Sadowsky line of cabs). It's not just the components (which are top notch), but also how you put them together - the design. This is where Jim excels, IMHO. He truly "designs" each individual cab (using the "right" components, crossovers, tuning, etc. for each particular model), and I think that the results really show when you listen to his cabs (both powered and unpowered).

But that's just my opinion...

7. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Instrument Technician, Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
    Gotta agree with the comment about Dave being a great guy to deal with. Big Time!
  8. Turnaround

Turnaround Commercial User

May 6, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Instrument Technician, Club Bass and Guitar - Toronto
    It may be your opinion, but I share your view. I have Jim's "modular" 322 (the HT210S with the 12 sub) and the smaller 12 as an alternate for small gig's/practice. Having done some cabinet design work in the past, I can appreciate what Jim is doing. You're right - it's about the total engineering...
  9. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Dave at ClubBass will treat you right. He's a straight-up, knowledgeable guy.
    I've been selling alot of the A.R.T. Tube M.P. mic pre's to use as input modules for the IP series.They're SUPER cheap, and sound good. Of course, an Avalon U5 would kill!