1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bergantino NV-215

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jonathan Starr, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Does anyone have one? How is it?

I'm particularly interested in how they sound with a Mesa 400+ or SVT.

Aloha,

Jonathan

2. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Jonathan,
    The NV-215 has a bit wider response than the NV-610. It's lows are a bit deeper, and the highs are a little more "open" due to the 6" midrange. This cabinet is EXTREMELY fast for 2x15's. I believe you're familier with the HT-115 right? Same speed but a lttle more focus due to the sealed cabinet.
    This cab is not better or worse than the NV-610, it's just what each person prefers tonally. The NV-610 has that "punch you in the gut" thing like a vintage 8x10, without the weight. The NV-215 has that "Holy crap", wall of sound thing going on.
    GEEK

3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I played an NV-215 at Geek's shop. I am DEFINATELY not a 215 kind of guy. I play a six string bass. I have to say though that a few minutes with that cab and an all tube head with a couple of four strings and I was almost ready to sell my 6!!!!!!! (not quite). I was overwhealmingly impressed with that cab. It made me want to play R&B and soul music for the rest of my life. Berg's really doing incredible things.

4. I loved the way the NV-215 sounded at NAMM, but it's really so hard to tell what's happening in that sonic environment.

I really don't need more cabs, since in real life my Ht-112s & WW get me through 90% of what I do very well, and then I have the 115/210 and the old Trace 118 and some old bagends to mix & match. My devious side, however, wants a big cab to pair with my 400+ and my new MTD 535 P-bass for a big, old school sound when I'm home in my practice room.

My 115 & 210 Bergie stack sounds better with a PLX/pre setup than with the 400+. I've heard some truly wierd sounds come out of that setup. I think the tweeters do more harm than good when the tubes get pushed hard.

When it comes time to ship a cab, for an instant I wish I was on the mainland instead of beautiful Maui.

Aloha,

Jonathan

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Sounds like using a NV215 together with a NV610 would make a truly awesome combination.

Drive the 215 w/a 400+ and the 610 w/a SVT 300; OOOh, Baby!!!
    R&B Heaven!!!

Roadies willing to work for free apply to 555-555-1234.

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    If EVER I get the call for a real tour that is the exact cab config I'd bring! (pushed by Crest Power amps though)

At current pace I should be using an NV215 by the summer's end

7. Jon
    I can tell you that the 400+ would sound great with the NV610. I sold both my 400+ amps but had it long enough to try it with my 610. The HT cabs are also very good with the 400+ but start to fart out when above low to medium volumns. There isn't enough power there. That's probably why you like the other rig better. I also have a 201s and 2402 and that really sounds good with the NV610. I just sold my HT212 today and the guy loved it with his Ampeg which is 1600w bridged. I let him try the Walter Woods too and he was impressed. Fact: The bigger HT Bergs need power. My little Bergie 112's are good with bookoo power too but much more forgiving than their bigger brothers. I have not tried the HT115 or 210, but I think it's the same storyas the 212 or 322. Like Fuzzbass, I am reluctant to try the NV215 for fear of buying it....I'm very happy with the NV610 and I'm not a 10" speaker fan, but that sealed cab is murderous :bassist: