Bergantino NV-215

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jonathan Starr, Feb 13, 2004.

1. Does anyone have one? How is it?

I'm particularly interested in how they sound with a Mesa 400+ or SVT.

2. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    The NV-215 has a bit wider response than the NV-610. It's lows are a bit deeper, and the highs are a little more "open" due to the 6" midrange. This cabinet is EXTREMELY fast for 2x15's. I believe you're familier with the HT-115 right? Same speed but a lttle more focus due to the sealed cabinet.
    This cab is not better or worse than the NV-610, it's just what each person prefers tonally. The NV-610 has that "punch you in the gut" thing like a vintage 8x10, without the weight. The NV-215 has that "Holy crap", wall of sound thing going on.
  3. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I played an NV-215 at Geek's shop. I am DEFINATELY not a 215 kind of guy. I play a six string bass. I have to say though that a few minutes with that cab and an all tube head with a couple of four strings and I was almost ready to sell my 6!!!!!!! (not quite). I was overwhealmingly impressed with that cab. It made me want to play R&B and soul music for the rest of my life. Berg's really doing incredible things.
  4. I loved the way the NV-215 sounded at NAMM, but it's really so hard to tell what's happening in that sonic environment.

I really don't need more cabs, since in real life my Ht-112s & WW get me through 90% of what I do very well, and then I have the 115/210 and the old Trace 118 and some old bagends to mix & match. My devious side, however, wants a big cab to pair with my 400+ and my new MTD 535 P-bass for a big, old school sound when I'm home in my practice room.

My 115 & 210 Bergie stack sounds better with a PLX/pre setup than with the 400+. I've heard some truly wierd sounds come out of that setup. I think the tweeters do more harm than good when the tubes get pushed hard.

When it comes time to ship a cab, for an instant I wish I was on the mainland instead of beautiful Maui.

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Sounds like using a NV215 together with a NV610 would make a truly awesome combination.

Drive the 215 w/a 400+ and the 610 w/a SVT 300; OOOh, Baby!!!
    R&B Heaven!!!

Roadies willing to work for free apply to 555-555-1234.
  6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    If EVER I get the call for a real tour that is the exact cab config I'd bring! (pushed by Crest Power amps though)

At current pace I should be using an NV215 by the summer's end
  7. Jon
    I can tell you that the 400+ would sound great with the NV610. I sold both my 400+ amps but had it long enough to try it with my 610. The HT cabs are also very good with the 400+ but start to fart out when above low to medium volumns. There isn't enough power there. That's probably why you like the other rig better. I also have a 201s and 2402 and that really sounds good with the NV610. I just sold my HT212 today and the guy loved it with his Ampeg which is 1600w bridged. I let him try the Walter Woods too and he was impressed. Fact: The bigger HT Bergs need power. My little Bergie 112's are good with bookoo power too but much more forgiving than their bigger brothers. I have not tried the HT115 or 210, but I think it's the same storyas the 212 or 322. Like Fuzzbass, I am reluctant to try the NV215 for fear of buying it....I'm very happy with the NV610 and I'm not a 10" speaker fan, but that sealed cab is murderous :bassist: