Bergantino NV 610 speakers ?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by icks, May 10, 2005.

1. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I did a search and cannot find with what speakers the Berggie 6x10 was set up?

Bergantino isn't provide in Europe so I'm planning a DIY cabs, ind of NV610 clone to match with my Ampeg vintage.
    Thought say it's the best cabs to deliver the very crispy high and low mids from my head.

Could please someone flag me where can I buy these?

Or what speakers are a good substitudes for these 10'?

Thank you all !!

2. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I think the bass player magazine review said they are custom designed eminence speakers. Jim designed them to have a little more high I guess.
  3. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    so a Eminence Gamma 10' or Delta 10' or the more expensive Kappa Pro 10' should be a good alternative for a NV610 clone ?
  4. kringle77

kringle77 Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2004
    Massena NY
    I have an avatar with the delta pros in it. I don't think that they would be comparable. They are pretty good, but probably not as much high end as the bergs. If you find out which ones he is using, I'd like to get some for my ampeg 8x10!
  5. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    I was considering the Delta 10 (non pro) from eminence, they have agood sensitivity for bass frequencies.

Anyone share my though about this driver?

Ampeg uses Electro-Harmonix 32 ohms speaker for the 810.

By the way how is wired a berggie 6x10 to match 4 ohms ??
  6. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    The regular Delta 10's are a poor choice for a bass speaker, since the XMAX rating is so small. The Delta Neo Pro is a much, much better speaker, as is the Kappa Pro.
  7. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    I haven't tested them, but the drivers in my NV610 say "32 ohms" on them.
  8. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    so the final impedance should be 5.333 ohms.

You mean the DELTALITE® 2510, Neodynium ??
  9. jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The closest driver on the market is probably the Eminence LEGEND BP102 as it´s designed to go into an unported cab. The closed cab does a lot to the sound compared to a vented.
  10. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    That's the theory, though it says at the jack that the cabinet is 4 ohms. It hasn't bothered me enough to do any testing or anything.
  11. icks

Jul 12, 2001
    Charleroi, Belgium
    i did, and always found 5.33333 ohms....
  12. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Well, i'm in Aus and I e-mailed Jim. He said he could get a cab out to me.. It might not be worth it cost wise to try and re-create a Bergie cab when you could probably get one sent to you.

Heck, if you can't get one from Jim, I know bass central will do it.

Just a thought..
  13. You didn't use an ohmmeter to measure the ohms, did you? What were you thinking???? :D

Seriously, the ohmmeters on regular multimeters measure DC resistance (in ohms), not AC impedance (in ohms). Apples and oranges.

Speakers are coils of wire (inductors), so their resistance is very low to DC, totally different to AC. Add interactions with the air in the cab restricting cone motion, affecting back EMF generated by the mag structure, and the AC impedance ends up a weird curve based on frequency, not like an inductor at all.