Bergantino NV series...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Happy MurphDay, Jan 25, 2006.

1. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    I was just on their webpage and was looking for the NV cabs and the 425 and the 215 weren't listed, are they still making them?

I was intrested in the two that were removed, anybody know anything?
  2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    They were discontinued. :scowl:
  3. You have a PM....

4. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Heard nothing but rave reviews of the NV series...I was about to drop some serious $ on one of these. Now all of a sudden they don't exist. I have to learn to take rave reviews with a whole lot of skepticism.
  5. The NV-610 still exists. And the rave reviews are accurate.

6. Luckydog

Luckydog Supporting Member

Dec 25, 1999
    well I've already got a couple of Ampeg 8x10's. I was interested in something with at least 1-15, but I guess they weren't popular enough.
  7. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes! Supporting Member

No bull in the rave reviews for the NV610! I just sold mine ONLY because it was much more than I needed. NOTHING wrong with the sound, power, transportability.... with that cab!

Keep looking! - there are some used ones out there.

Dan K.
  8. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Or strike a bit more quickly! :p

I agree, though, that it is unfortunate that these cabs are being discontinued. Trust me, I bug Jim on a pretty regular basis to "save the NV!" More voices might not hurt. ;)

9. Be patient and a used one will pop up. Once the word got out about the NV cabs being discontinued they was a rush to grab what was out there. I did and grabbed a 425.

10. vroc38

vroc38 Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2006
    Just got a chance to fire up my new rig tonight - Ampeg SVP-CL, QSC PLX1602, and a Berg NV610. It will take a while to learn to dial it in with my DJ5 and 55-94, but it sounds promising so far. Plenty of volume and punch, and classic tone reminiscent of the '70's SVT, but with the speaker contol of a big SS power amp. The NV610 is remarkably similar tone-wise to the fridge, but sooo much more portable.
  11. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Cabs go in and out of vogue. Who knows, the 215 and 425 may be produced again one day.
  12. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Well... I'm going to use this opportunity to gloat for just a moment... :D

I'm a proud owner of both an NV215 and an NV425. I push both of them through an Aguilar DB750.

Imagine just for a moment, if you will... the sound of 3 x 15"s and 3 x 10"s... amplified by that Big Daddy Aggie...

So, Luckydog... all the raves over the NV series of Mr. Bergantino's offerings are most definitely honest appraisals. As to why he chose to discontinue this line... who's to truly know but the man himself? The rest of us can speculate all we want, and maybe some will nail down the real reason. As for me... I'm just damn glad I got mine when I did... :hyper:
  13. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    From what I have learned, they just didn't sell all that well. It baffles me that so many people would pay more money for a modern Ampeg 8x10. :rollno:

Like you, I'm just glad that I have my NV215 (and that I have an NV610 lined up)! :D
  14. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Only one musician I know locally, a bassist of course, had heard of Bergantino. All the others, including other bassists, ask what kind of cabinets I'm using. "Berga-what??"

There are a lot of musicians who don't read the internet forums. It's tough for the smaller manufacturers to get their names out to these people, regardless of the quality of their product. BP magazine has given glowing reviews to Bergantino products (deservedly so) but even so, many players are skeptical about gear they can't try at their local store. Heck, I didn't buy Bergantino cabs until I tried 'em out at Rudy's up in NYC. Well, I took a chance on the NV610, but that was after I owned some HT cabs already!
  15. I'm really diggin' my new NV215 and really get to use it with a DB750 on Friday, can't wait. I had a NV610 but I'm not a tens guy, although I have to admitt I wouldn't mind trying them together .. and no .. not because Tom's going to do it.. :smug: My little HT112 never ceases to amaze me. It sounds fantastic with my ThunderFunk 550.
  16. dvon1981

Jan 12, 2006
    If I couyld afford an NV610 i'd buy one right now. It's amazing. It sounds sooo damn good. price tag is just a little out of reach for me