1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino NV215...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Willem, Oct 17, 2009.

1. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    You guys think Mr. Bergantino will ever produce it again? Living in Europe finding one second hand will be very hard as not much of them made it over here. And PabloMigraine made me want one so bad!!!

2. cripula

cripula

Dec 20, 2006
    Canada
    He dumped it once and brought it back... so you never know.

3. Cory

Cory

May 16, 2004
    TEXAS
    I am not sure why Jim has made them and then stopped making them several times. I've got one and am really glad I was able to pick one up when I did.

Have you tried calling Jim and asking him to make you one? You never know....he might make one for ya!

4. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses
    I always get blamed for everything.........

:rollno:

5. Tim1

Tim1

Sep 9, 2005
    New Zealand
    He dropped it because 1) he considered the NV412 to be a preferable option and 2) he did not want too many models for his dealers to carry. Having said that, it is such a wonderful cabinet that I would not be surprised if he gives in to the pressure and resurrects it again at some stage.

6. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    I'm not blaming you. Or didn't mean to anyway. Learned a lot from you here.

I'm not calling him from Belgium ;). I am gonna mail him once I find a job! Good idea. One never knows indeed!

I know the reasons. They have been talked about a lot here. It's just sad he discontinued the one, I feel will suit me most! Maybe we should just start annoying him about bringing it back. Maybe even a limited run.

Thanks for your reactions all!

7. Big String

Big String Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2000
    Northwest Indiana
    I've long been considering a NV215 once again.
    Not long ago I passed up a great deal locally and I could kick myself ... kick me Scott ... kick me ... :bawl:

Truth is, it would have sat in my house 95% of the time because of hauling issues but I still wish I would have nabbed it. sniff.
    Currently I have the fabulous HS410 that replaced my AE410 (also fab) but I still have the same situation with the 410 size box.

Man... I've got to get a bigger car...

8. shoot-r

shoot-r

May 26, 2007
    Illinois
    +1...
    I love 15's, but if I had to guess...with most bassist preference towards 10's, Mr. Berg probably sold ten or more NV 610's for every one NV 215 sold. There just isn't the demand for 15" loaded cabs as there once was. But, I think the trend maybe reversing itself. I've noticed more and more players here on T.B. are re-discovering the quality's of 15" speaker loaded cabinets.

9. pablomigraine

pablomigraine Commercial User

Feb 9, 2005
    New York
    VP & Managing Director - Willcox Basses

:p Hahah Didnt take it that way at all man, just messin around..... and I consider a genuine honor to feel than anyone has learned anything from me......Although I havent had the pleasure of trying the NV412, Im sure it's a great cabinet. You should try one out if you get a chance. Hang in there tho..... Im sure a Euro NV215 will pop up on the used market sooner or later...... you wont regret the wait!

10. Bassflute

Bassflute

Jun 24, 2006
    Vancouver
    Endorsing Artist: MTD basses and strings; Bergantino Amps & Cabs
    Me, too...PABLO!!!!

Yes, I think we need a global petition...

probably, he might, or he might try to talk you out of it...

because it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!

Yup, I said that about 2 years ago when the Markbass combo first came out. Big, deep, and warm is nice after the punchy, bright but often boxy era of the 4x10 comes to a close. I must admit I never owned one of those because I never heard one I liked; prefered 2x10 + 15"....

And yeah, I think the time is coming for 15's to make a big comeback, esp with the current crop of fast 15's that DON'T have a nasty, honky clacky top end.

I'm starting a poll...I too have been itching for an NV215...and, dare I say it, a big fluffy warm tube amp...

:rollno:

How many times have I done this now...

Cheers,
    Cameron