Bergantino NV412 vs. Aguilar GS412?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by d00dr, Dec 16, 2012.

1. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    Anyone ever have the chance to A/B these two cabs? I've been thinking about getting into a 412 cab but there is nothing within driving distance that will permit me to be able to try out either of these cabs before pulling the trigger. And surprisingly enough, I can't find anything anywhere online comparing the two cabs. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

2. lullbass

lullbass All Bass All The Time.... Gold Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2007
    SF bay area
    Dunlop/MXR Bass Products mngr - Artist Relations
    i haven't heard the nv412 but the gs412 is ferocious! it sounds exactly like the gs112 but bigger and louder.... love it
    unfortunately I don't get to use it that often. The 112's sounds so good and are much easier to move

3. I don't have any experience with either of the other 412s you've been considering but I've owned and gigged a PH412 for the last year or so and it's my favourite cab I've owned to date. Smokes my old 810e in tone and volume, much easier to move around also.

I know GK also has a Neo 412 that weighs around 100lbs, this is the only cab I'd consider picking up used after I got my PH412, Id really like to A/B these cabs side by side but so far I haven't found a cab that I personally like better then my PH412.

4. Again..... I can't compare the 2, but the NV412's a beauty.
    I imagine the differences to be-
    NV412's sealed to the GS412's ported & has a tweeter- so a bit tighter lows for the Berg & tad less highs-no tweeter.
    If, as post above states, the Aggy 412's same as the GS112 only bigger, then the Berg sounds way less scooped in mids, less 'modern'
    All imo of course.

5. d00dr

d00dr Supporting Member

Jun 25, 2011
    Jamestown, NY
    Thanks for all of the feedback! I've been playing through an Eden D810RP for the past couple of years. It's an absolutely amazing cab and can handle anything I can throw at it. Serious low end for days. But these 412 cabs have been catching my eye for a little while now and I'd really like to give one a shot. I'm thinking the Bergantino is the way to go as I think I'd like to try a sealed cab with no horn...

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 24, 2021