1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bergantino NV425 w/cover - $600+shipping

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by mrcircle, Oct 9, 2013.

1. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    Hey all,

I hate to do it but this cab has just been sitting in the garage and it's time to let it go on to a new home. As you all know, Jim B makes amazing cabs and this one is no exception. A real workhorse, beefy and amazingly articulate for a tweeterless cab. It's been used but not abused, no rips or tears in the carpeting, always covered when not in use. It was mainly played outdoors, never in smoky bars, and it's in good condition all around.

This is a sealed 4 ohm cab, conservatively rated at 800 watts, with one 15" and three 10" speakers. Weight is just shy of 100 lbs. but easy to move with the top handle and casters. And because it's only 15" deep, it can easily slide into the backseat of my compact sedan with room to spare.

I'd love to have a local sale (Boise, ID) but not holding my breath. I could also deliver to Portland, OR when I drive out to visit my mom over Thanksgiving. Otherwise, I still have the original carton to ship in (I'm guessing between $100-150, depending on where you live.)

Feel free to ask any questions. This isn't the cab for everyone, but paired with a big tube amp or high-wattage SS amp, it'll put an ear-to-ear grin on your face.

Price is $600 firm. Buyer pays shipping.

Thanks,
    Michael

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. godblender

godblender Banned

Mar 11, 2009
    Michigan
    Daaayum...

3. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    That's a crazy good deal for an NV cab, especially with the cover!

4. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Any trades?

5. overbybr

overbybr Supporting Member Supporting Member

+1

6. sanwin17

sanwin17 Please mommy, you just gotta buy this amplifier. Supporting Member

Jan 23, 2010
    Highland Beach, FL
    Plan on coming to Florida for Christmas?

7. DeepDesertBeat

DeepDesertBeat

Apr 4, 2012
    SW USA
    Hi-

You PM box is full. Can you please give me a shipping quote to Chandler, AZ (85249)

Thanks

8. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    Checking on shipping charges for LeNavigateur and DeepDesertBeat.

Sorry, no trades. I'm pretty much GAS free at the moment (knock on wood).

9. chrls_vns

chrls_vns

Aug 8, 2009
    PM sent.

10. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    All PMs have been responded to (you too, DeepDesertBeat), in the order I received them. Just waiting for somebody to come up with the cash.

Thanks,
    Michael

11. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    Hilarious!

12. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    Just to clarify, since someone asked. I'm shipping the cabinet in its original carton, which is a precise fit with protective cardboard and foam inserts (and tricky enough on its own to wrestle a 100 lb. cab into!). The cover, assuming the buyer wants it, is thickly padded and needs to ship in its own carton. It weighs less than 5 lbs., however, so only adds another $12-15 to the FedEx cost for the second package.

Shipping quotes are total for both cartons, unless someone specifically asks for the cabinet only.

Still available!

13. aquamentus

aquamentus

Apr 15, 2005
    Keokuk, IA
    Good Lord.

14. orangejulius3

orangejulius3 Supporting Member

May 6, 2013
    La Habra CA
    It's funny how I keep opening this thread.
    If I didn't have the NV610 already, I would have definitely picked this up.
    How much does it weigh?
    What cab do you have that made you leave this NV425 to the side?

15. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    I believe the NV425 weighs about the same as your 610, just under 100 lbs.

I turned 63 this year and just don't need to knock squirrels out of trees any longer. My Genz Benz Über 212 handles the few larger gigs I have these days. For most gigs, one or both of my Berg HT/EX112 cabs is plenty.

16. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    Mid-week bump. Still available!

17. chrls_vns

chrls_vns

Aug 8, 2009
    mrcircle... I tried to reply to the PM you sent me but it said your PM box was full.. you might wanna check that out. Anyway, I decided to pick up an NV412 instead since I had one once before and always regretted selling it. I'm sure you'll sell this cab soon though.

18. mrcircle

mrcircle peacenik

Oct 3, 2003
    Boise, ID
    Thanks, Chris. Still available!

19. CapnSev

CapnSev

Aug 19, 2006
    Coeur d'Alene
    Boise isn't too far...

20. aquamentus

aquamentus

Apr 15, 2005
    Keokuk, IA
    How has this not sold yet? If I hadn't just bought a new rig I'd be all over it.