1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino NV610, Eden 810, Ampeg 810 or 610?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gord, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    Hi guys,
    I've been playing with two eden D410Ts for a while, but I would love to go deeper. I love hearing an old 810 just shake the room when it gets played through.

The eden seems great for clean, clear notes, but it doesn't quite rattle the room like that. Which of these cabs would do that best? I hear the Ampeg 610 has great low end response. The 810 is great, but a little less deep. I've heard incredible things about the Berg NV610, but I haven't heard anything about it's filling-rattling properties. Which would be the best for deep, powerful bass?

2. Nightlyraider

Nightlyraider

Sep 30, 2009
    Minneapolis
    If you are genuinely considering all these cabs, get the Berg. It is a modern "old school" cab, sealed like the old 810s were and able to get great volume.

New there is a bit of price difference, but used you should be able to find something decent eventually.

3. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    I have no problem with the price difference if the NV610 is really THAT good - I've heard a lot about it being punchy, I think what I'm looking for is thump. Does it beat the 810 in that regard? If so, easy sell!
    edit: I guess what I'm asking here is - which cab will let me FEEL the bass more?

4. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    nv610 = win!

5. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:

I've played all the cabs you mentioned, the NV610 was my favorite.
    Best 10' cab I've ever played.

6. Gord

Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    I've heard such great things about it! I hear "punch" a lot when talking about this cab. If I want something that sits nicely in the mix, compliments everyone, but rattles the windows and makes people feel like each note I play is kicking them in the chest, is that punch? Or would that be thump? Which would be best in a rock setting? Thump, like a NV215, or punch, like a NV610? Does the ampeg 810 do either of those better than the NV610?

7. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Berg NV's (as well as Jim's other stuff) are just about the best things available. The 610 (which I've had twice) can easily hold it's own against my 2x212 Mesa setup.
    And I play hard/alt rock, detuned to drop C, and never had issues with the 610 being or going low enough, while still being tight and punchy.
    I play somewhat regularly through an SVT 4-Pro and 810 backline and the Berg honestly sounds like an 810 but without a "blanket" on top of it. It's clearer, cleaner and IIRC rated to go lower. 810's do and will always have their place but that design in particular is truly something special.