1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bergantino NV610 for sale on Ebay

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lavaman67, Apr 10, 2006.

1. lavaman67

lavaman67 Supporting Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
  2. Thanks Lava!!!!!
    I was hoping that noone would notice and that I could pick it up for cheap! I've been emailing with the seller all morning in order to make pickup arrangements! I want it.
    Now by replying to this, I just bumped it. :crying:

Rocky

3. lavaman67

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    I am sorry Rocky! Even at $800 it's a bargain, but hopefully you won't have to pay that. I was just trying to help. I didn't really think too much before I posted. Good luck.

4. Don't worry about it. It's all good. I've done it before too. That's why this place is so great... folks are always trying to help out. And if another TBer gets it, I'll be very happy for him/her.

Thanks for posting.

Rocky:cool:

5. I saw the Berg this morning and got all fired up. Then I realized the "no shipping" deal. I'm still crying on the inside. :crying:

6. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    At least one of you guys are going to loose, here's a thought.
    Both Berg dealers in Arizona have dropped the line. The Phx. store sold the remaining stock, at closeout prices, the last unsold cab they had, was a new NV610.
    It sat in there showroom, and there e-store for years @ $850.00 (closeout). They ended up selling it for $699.00+tax.

For a deal, (and now, just to find one) you might think about searching around for "any" ex-berg dealer. At $699 you could have this cab shipped from alaska, and still come out alright.

7. What are you talking about??? The cab is sold!!! It was sold just a few minutes ago..... TO ME!!!!!! :p

I'll be making a little road trip to New Hampshire on Monday. It's a 7 hrs drive, but the seller agreed to drive north an hour or so to meet me. I'll still have to be on the road for 12 hours, but I'm taking a friend so it shouldn't be too bad. :hyper:

Lager,
    Rocky

8. Congrats on the sweet grab!!!
    I'd make that drive, for that cab, for that price.

9. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Nice! :D

10. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

You are going to love this cab. It really is that nice. Best cab I've owned yet (and I've had my fair share of cabs).

11. Thanks guys. That's what I keep hearing. Can't wait to try it out. Anyone tried it with an iAMP800? I think I will own an Aguilar DB750 at some point, or maybe an all-tube head, but for now, the iAMP will have to do.

And yes, I plan on keeping the iAMP as I will keep the NL-210 for smaller gigs, although both CXL112 will likely have to go.

R

12. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    Tube heads and the DB 750 definitely go great with the NV610, but the first head that I used with mine was my iAMP 800 (it was the closest :D), and somewhat to my surprise, I really liked it! The NV610 can even handle the Deep switch engaged at higher volumes! :eek:

Good call. :D

13. Me liky!!! I love that Deep switch, but don't get to use it much. Any suggested settings? I tried the suggesting setting for "tube amp" before... realizing the iAMP doesn't sound like a tube amp, but found it way too bassy with very little definition. Maybe I'll try it again with the Berg.

Thanks Tom.
    R

14. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    Fremont, Ohio
    I liked it set flat except for the Deep switch. :bassist: And you really don't need the Deep switch on. I might prefer it off in many settings, but I was impressed that it sounded as good as it did and handled the massive low end at higher volumes.

Tom.

15. I haven't tried the NV stuff (only the HT), but hear nothing but rave reviews.

LR

16. Hey Lou,

I played with Mike Wetmore last weekend. He was telling me he enjoys playing with you. I hope to make it out to one of your shows soon. Looking forward to meeting.

BTW, if you hear of anyone looking for 1 or 2 EA CXL112 in Ottawa, please send them my way.

Rocky

17. lavaman67

Feb 13, 2006
    Ypsilanti, MI
    Congraulations Rocky! I saw it go and was hoping it was you. I can a little easier now. Again, sorry about the somewhat clumsy post. I really think you'll love it. I have an Ampeg 810E too and pound for pound the Berg smokes it!!

18. I'll keep my eyes and ears open for any potential buyers.

L

19. Thanks Lavaman. Like said earlier, don't sweat it. I was just kidding. I knew many on the forum would be aware of it one way or another. It would not have been a big deal if someone else snagged it before I could.... and I wouldn't have had to spend a day driving to get it. :eek:

It's all good. I'm picking it up on Monday. I'll let you guys know how much I like it

Lager,
    R