Bergantino NV610 Reissue!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by arbitrary, Jan 31, 2006.

1. arbitrary

arbitrary Supporting Member

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Since Bergantino is going to discontinue the NV610 cab, I just ordered one. WOOOHOOOO!!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
    But I also found out that Jim is going to still be making them, in very limited releases at staggered times and in funky/odd colors; and for a bit more money...
    just thought you might like to know...
  2. Great! Did you find this out from Jim or from a dealer?
  3. arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    Found this out from my dealer when he was talking to Jim and ordering MY NV610!!!:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  4. Sounds good to me! I would love to have one.
  5. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    the nv610 is going away too??

any idea why he's killing the nv series?
  6. CaptainWally

CaptainWally Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2000
    Sandy Eggo, CA

it's cool that bergantino is trying all these new crazy cool designs and stuff, but it's also annoying to have everything changing so fast. makes you wonder what else he's going to 86.

there's something to be said for designing a product line well and sticking with it for a while.
  7. well, you know, he cancelled the HT-115 and HT-212, presumably because they don't sell as well as the HT-112 and HT-322. after a couple years, there's not a lot of squawking about it, either, even from guys who do or used to own them. i don't even complain that much that he doesn't make chrome grilles anymore.

8. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I heard the "colored" rumor yesterday. I think an NV610 with green, white, or blue tolex, would be pretty damn cool!.
  9. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I was origionally disappointed about the discontinuation, but I am relieved that he will still make some. Man, if the colors turn out just right I may have to get another one :hyper:
  10. godspeed68

godspeed68 i like music. a lot.

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    jesus, i should have picked one of those up while i had the chance...something about the ported ampegs that turns me on those holes, right?

11. ArwinH

ArwinH run rabbit run

Dec 1, 2005
    Southern California
    I love the look of funky colors on cabs, I gigged with a yorkville stack 0' blue carpeted cabs under my db750 and I dug it.

P.S. I dug the chrome grilles:cool:
  12. BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    I would say that jim's operation is still somewhat small and the IP line in his opinion is where it's at. how ever some guys around here like KJung have questioned the overall marketability of the IP line given their high price tag. The good thing is that bergantino still exists and he shows no sign of folding. I think that the NV series just didn't tke off like he planned - it's really not a household name like some of the other big cab manufacturers in terms of big touring rock bands.

The discontinuations are purely a numbers game in my opinion.

As for the NV425 and NV215 - he's saving money by not keeping a constant stock of 15's

Which means that he probably uses a differnt 10 inch driver for his NV610.

SO. by downsizing his stock in underordered items - he actually increasing his profitability.

Think about schroeder. Jorg essentially uses four types of drivers for 14 different types of cabinets - now that's stock efficiency.
    Even aguilar (which is a boutique household name) uses four drivers for their entire line.

but it's nice to know that Jim will at least continue to manufacture the 610.

13. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    Whew, now I can rest easy! I'm planning on getting a vintage SVT head; the NV610 cab is I want to use with it.

I won't complain because I have an HT-115 with a chrome grille no less!:D ;)

I bought my HT210 and HT115 a few months before the HT115 was discontinued. I think the HT210S came out right around that time too. I'm 100% confident Jim's current product line are amongst the best cabs available, but I'm glad I got my setup when I did.:)
  14. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Definitely. Someone here has a red NV610 with backwards cone layout that I've drooled over. I'd love to see that idea expanded upon.
  15. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    sooo, what color did you order?
  16. I recently picked up my first Berg cab.... an HT210s. Very nice... very well made, and a very unique, warm, mid friendly sound. Jim has a very unique product line and seems to go out of his way to fill 'empty niche's' in the marketplace. He does seem to go his own way..... putting out 'boutique old school cabs' like the NV's.... very portable but non-neo small cabs, unusual speaker combinations like the 322, and of course the DSP/on-board amp IP line.... nothing else really like these cabs out there that I know of.

From a pure marketing perspective (per the above post), when you take this approach, you are going to have hits and misses that have more to do with the size of the potential market segment vs. the absolute sound and quality of the product. It must be a tough market out there for small builders like Jim, the EA guys, Jorg, etc. who are producing some very unique, wonderful products. I wish them all luck!
  17. arbitrary

Oct 24, 2005
    Boston, MA
    To heck with fancy and more expensive colors.
    I ordered an "original"...hehehhe:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
  18. gwx014

Dec 22, 2005
    Woopie! this sounds awesome! :hyper:
  19. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

If the TalkBass gallery was up, I'd link a picture.
  20. i think i'd love an NV215 in blue tolex. i think i'd even go so far as to have my classic 400 head recovered in blue tolex to match. but then i'd want a chrome grille for both. sometimes it's best to let sleeping dogs lie.