Bergantino nv610 vs ht322

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Circus, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Hey everyone, I am going to buy one of these cabs right away, and originally wanted the 322. But now I am leaning towards the 610 for a more old school sound. I use a markbass club s450 for a head, and a stingray for a bass. What do you suggest? I know I can't really go wrong with either. Thanks!
  2. anyonefortennis

anyonefortennis Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Lincoln, NE
    Well, if you want a more vintage sounding cab, the NV Series might be the way to go. I'd say the NV425 would be a good compromise between the NV610 and HT322.
  3. Actually, I was planning on getting an ex112 for use at home and for small and acoustic gigs, so if I started with that and the 610, all I would have to do is add a 210 and I would have a portable 322. I think that is the way I am going to go, unless anyone else gives me a better idea.
  4. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Just be aware that an EX112 and 210 (whether an older HT210 or new HT210S) will NOT sound like an HT322, despite the similarity in driver compliment. The HT322 is a unique sounding cab and has a certain articulation that won't be the same with two cabs.
  5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The first question I would ask is if you would miss the tweeter or not. A true compromise between those two cabs, in my opinion, is the NV215 with its 6" midrange driver. But as for the NV610 and the HT322 those are two fairly different sounding cabs, and it all depends on what you are after. Each is a great choice in its own cab category.

6. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Ive had both and they are great cabs, cant go wrong either way. With that said, if I were you, and had that same head, I would go with the 610. I dont think the markbass would open up the 322. The 610 isnt as power hungry.
  7. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    I've been using a Musicman HD-130 head with my NV-610 and Hamer 12's, and it gets LOUD. Even though it's sealed, you can make it work with a lower powered head. The HT-322, while I wouldn't say it's inefficiant, really likes solid state power, and lots of it. 1000 watts, and it will hurt you!
  8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I have both... sort of. I'm guessing HT210 + HT115 is in the vicinity of HT322. I also own the NV610.

FWIW, I often choose my rig based on the venue. For outdoors, I love the low end of the HT cabinets. For boomy rooms, nothing beats the focus and punch of the NV610. The 610 has some depth to it, even with 5-string. I do not miss the tweeter, but then I don't slap much.

There are so many considerations: one of which can be the instrument(s) you have. My Sadowsky P5 is the absolute bomb through Ampeg SVP-Pro into NV610. I use a bit of tube grit, and the sound is definitely old school. Tweeterless cabinets often sound much better with overdrive/distortion/fuzz.
  9. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    NV610-old school

HT322-new school (my favorite cab!)

No matter what you get, you can't go wrong with a Bergantino. Not a gig goes by where I think my cab isn't giving me the sound that I want. Most gigs happen with my thinking how unreal my sound is now though. The only gas I have now is for different Berg cabs for different situations (I don't own the HT322 yet.........yet :D ).
  10. Jugghaid

Jun 28, 2002
    Denver, CO, USA
    And you can still slap like crazy with an NV610. You won't miss the tweeter.
  11. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    The EX112S + HT210S would be another option, probably a bit punchier than the HT322 and, I would venture a guess, easier to hear yourself on a small stage.