Bergantino NV610

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Peter Parker, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    I would like to get some opinions on the Bergantino NV610. Tell me your likes and dislikes. thanks.
  2. Nothing to dislike.
    Loud, clear, punchy as heck, easiest to move big cab I've ever had or moved. This is a sealed cab (no ports), the NV (new vintage). No tweeter, but still sweet highs, probably not a slapper's ideal cab, but works for me. Excellent vintage tones. Needs less power than the HT seriers because of it's sealed cab design. Great lows too. I bought mine for bigger outside gigs, but use occasionally in clubs too. My usual rig is one HT112 and EX112. One time on an outside gig I got about 20' or so away from my cab and the loudness dropped of a quite a bit, other than that I stand usually right in front a couple feet and my pants flap and I can hear very well.
  3. sincity

Oct 16, 2002

Buy the cab and never look back. I just picked mine up, and am totally blown away. I play through a GK 1001RB II head, and the combination is awesome.

There is plenty of highs that come from this cab. I just strung my Rickenbacker 4003 with some Rotosounds for the first time, and ran it through it's paces last night.

What I notice about the cab is how tight the lows and low mids are. Highs are exceptional, super sweet, very melodic.

This cab will pulverize what ever is in your stomach if you crank it up. I sold ny Ampeg SVT 410-HLN cab to buy this, and it is the best purchase I have made for bass gear.

I loved my Ampeg cab, but have always liked how tight and responsive a sealed cab played. Also, this is a very manageable 93lbs. It is 17lbs less than my 410 cab. :hyper:

Oh yeah, sounds great at low volumes as well. You can easily gig with this cab in a small club.
  4. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    Thanks for the comments so far. How does the cab handle low B's at high volume? Are the lows thick with good low-mid presence? I will be using an Aquilar DB750 and never slap if this helps.
  5. Saetia

Mar 27, 2003
    I think you'll be in heaven!

6. Juan Ortiz Jr.

Juan Ortiz Jr.

Jul 23, 2004
    I agree with all the above. The NV 610 can handle your B string, but if your not sure try the NV 425.

Juan :bassist:
  7. junglebike

junglebike Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah, it's a pretty great cab.

One of the things I like about it over the Ampeg 8x10 (besides 80lbs less weight and 2' less height!) is that it does sound good at lower volumes. The Ampeg really only comes into its own if it is pushed.

Also, this cab has a fanstastic low end "slam" to it -- I don't know how else to put it. Massive fundamental with a really quick attack, even at lower volumes. It sounds good with a variety of amps, even my cheap-o Behringer BX3000. I mean, *really* good. I've been putting off getting a "real" head because it's so damned good. I still want a 70's SVT tho.
  8. sincity

Oct 16, 2002
    If you are interested in a Berg NV-610, Lex is selling his. Sounds like it is in great shape and priced well.

Bergantino NV-610 For Sale
  9. jacove

Apr 12, 2003
    Aalborg, Denmark
    I have the NV610, it is definitely the best cab I've heard...probably best suited for fingerstyle playing, but it really rocks...great warmth, definition and punch....If it has a problem it is my experience that it doesn't throw the deep bottom as far out in a room as a more modern cabs. The NV425 would probably be better for that....but overall I haven't found a better cab!....