Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino or Demeter cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gabbass, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Gabbass

Gabbass

Aug 15, 2004
    Italy
    Hi,
    I'm searching some hi fi cabinets for my Fbasses...
    I'm thinking to a Bergantino HT 322 or a Demeter BSC3x10 and/or a BSC 2x12+1x8...
    Which cab do you suggest to me for my need?
    What are the main differences in sound between Bergantino and Demeter cabs?
    Now I'm playing with a Demeter VTBP 201 S preamp and a QSC PLX 1602 power amp...

Thanks...Francesco.

2. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    Havent played through a demeter cab but a demeter preamp into the berg 322 is a great match. The bergantino 322 is still my favorite cab.

3. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I use a Demeter preamp/ QSCPLX with my various Bergie cabs, and they make a great combo. I haven't heard the Demeter cabs, and I'm sure they sound great......but they are rated lower wattage wise.

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    The 201S + PLX1602 + HT322 = some very good tone.

I have a five string StingRay instead of FBasses, but the rest I gigged with quite a bit and sounded great.

I haven't heard any Demeter cabs.

Other really good Berg options include an HT310 (not currently being produced, but a fantastic sounding cab), either a pair of HT210, or an HT210/HT115 combination, or any combination of the HT112 &/or EX112 (i.e. HT112 + EX112 or two HT112 -- Berg Mini-Stack).

Good luck.

5. Larzito

Larzito

Aug 1, 2000
    Dallas, Texas
    I have an HT210/115 stack I may be selling soon. More portable than an HT322.

6. Gabbass

Gabbass

Aug 15, 2004
    Italy
    Ok, thank you.
    I never tried Demeter or Bergantino cabs...it's a problem to try them here in Italy.
    Maybe, Bergantino 322 is ok for my need...but if someone knows Demeter cabs please tell me your impression about...

Or please suggest to me some other hi fi cabinets...

Thanks...

7. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I have an F Bass BN5 and it sounds wonderful with my Bergantino HT322. Stunning in fact!

8. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    ditto

9. Gabbass

Gabbass

Aug 15, 2004
    Italy
    I also have a Fbass BN5...and a BNF5.
    I'm happy to know that is sounds great with HT 322...
    Which amp do you use ?

10. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    I use an Ashdown ABM500 EVO with my Bergantino HT322. The warm, fat punch of the Ashdown makes a very nice balance between my F Bass and the Bergie. It's 575W into 4 ohms.