Bergantino too colored? Nope!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by metron, Sep 29, 2003.

1. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    I just wanted to give my comments on my new Berg 210. I took it to a small acoustic/electric gig on Saturday and WOW! Its everything I want and more. I use a Mackie 1400 power amp bridged and a Raven Labs PMB for a preamp. I was using Acmes before but I didnt like the super ultra hi fi thing. The Bergs are a bit colored but much to my liking!!! I cant say exactly what it is because Im not as good at giving subjective quantifications using colorful adjectives for different frequency bands like others on TB do. :D All I know is this cab is MY sound. Its perfect for upright and electric which was what I was looking for. Ive read about some saying its missing some mids or something but I have no idea what they are talking about. All I can say is that I have never been so disappointed to have to stop playing since I got the Berg. :D :bassist:
  2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I haven't tried all the hi-fi cabs, but Bergs are the least colored of all the cabs I have tried. My basses range from traditional passive to modern active. I own different styles of amp rigs. I also play lots of different genres such as blues, C&W, Motown, funk, punk, and modern rock. The reason I love my Bergs is that they sound great in any situation.
  3. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Hey Fuzzbass! I used to have Acme cabs so the Bergs seem slightly colored to me but I love it! I have different rigs too, my other is an Ampeg SVT. Ive really been considering trying out the NV 610 but I dont think I need that right now. I just love what the 210 does for electric and acoustic as well. Ill probably supplement it in the future with either another 210 or a 115 for bigger venues. Best speakers ever...! :D :bassist:
  4. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I moved from Acmes to Bergies Too! The Bergantinos just had the sound I was looking for:cool:
  5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Yeah, the HT210 is small but really kicks. I've used it alone at a garage rehearsal -- two loud guitarists (one with a Marshall half-stack) and a loud drummer -- and it kept up just fine, including the big bloomin' bottom.

And there ya go: I've never tried the Acmes. metron, how do Bergs differ, tone-wise? Just curious; I have zero interest in other brands now that I've found my sound. :bassist:
  6. metron

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    Im with you guys!!! I have found my sound for sure! The 210 slams without a doubt. The low end isnt as much as the Acme but its close. Ive read a lot about how the Acmes sound like a DI (no coloration) but to me it sounded like they stifled the sound of the bass. Almost like it was too flat... The somewhat gritty character of my p bass pickup was smoothed over. The Acmes sounded great with the upright and I almost kept them for that but then there was the volume issue. I found that the Bergs let the character of my basses speak freely. IMO they are slightly colored after being used to the Acme sound but its all good. What I found most impressive about the Bergs besides being all around awesome speakers is their response to dynamic inflection. In other words turning up the amp more and using my fingers to give more or less has never been so pronounced. :cool:
    :bassist: :bassist: :bassist:
  7. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Fuzzbass, I just got my Bergantino NV 610. WOW! My rack consists of :
    Furman power conditioner
    Korg tuner
    Kern IP 777 preamp
    QSC PLX 3402
    and now the NV 610
    I'm very happy. The quality is incredible. But your red NV 610 is the coolest. Did you get that at Rock City Music?