Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino. Two 112´s or NV215

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jock, Jan 13, 2005.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    How would these two rigs differ in sound with a Gibson GB440 head (like Thunderfunk)?
    Will the NV215 be much louder? Maybe too muddy?
    I use a Lakland Hollowbody and play pop/rock.

2. Call Jim Bergantino. He will set you free.
    You could also call and speak with Cory (Gibsongeek) at Rock City Guitars.

3. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Seeing how I used to own a Lakland Hollowbody, and have gigged the NV-215 several times, I'd have to vote for the HT-112/EX-112 combo. The Lakland is SO huge that I think you'll have rumble problems on boomy stages. This is not to say the NV is boomy, because it's actually very tight for a 215, but the bass and that cab combo may be a bit much. The reason I sold my Hollowbody was because it always had too much going on down low for me. Being a pick player, the notes seemed to roll over each other. It did work much better with smaller drivers than large ones though. However, if you're looking for reggae type lowend, the NV will be perfect!
    Corey

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Those are both killer setups. I own the HT112/EX112 setup, and tonally, that is my favorite Bergantino combo. However, of the NV series, I liked the NV215 the best. As usual, it's a matter of personal tonal preference, but keep in mind that the two 1x12's are more flexible and much easier to move!

And I second the idea of just calling the man, Jim B., directly. He is a great guy to talk to, and will really try to help you meet your individual goals/needs.

Tom.