Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino users: I've got a 15 and want to add something...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Dec 28, 2003.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I've got the 15 w/ tweeter - I would think that adding the ht2x10 would do the trick for just about anything???

- thanks for the info

2. Franz Jr.

Franz Jr. Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I've got a Berg 3x10 fora sale, but shipping would be ridiculous.

3. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I use an HT115 with HT210 for most of my outdoor gigs. Great combination. Just be sure you feed 'em enough watts! ;)

4. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Yes, they are hungry cabinets. The 15 can take 400 watts and 500 for the 2x10 (rms). How many watts would you recommend as a minimum to really make these shine?

5. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I play fivers through my HT210/HT115 stack and 750W seems to be plenty for gigging in bars. That said, I prefer my tone on the punchy side. If you're all about the lows, you might want 1000 watts or more.

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    For the kind of headroom I like, in the past, I typically mono-bridged a Stewart 2.1 (2100 watts into the 4 ohm load). But I'll probably use my Walter Woods Ultra the next time I take those cabs out. It's 1200 watts into 4 ohms. I agree with Fuzz. 1K watts oughta do the job nicely.

7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Good info - thanks.
    Soooo, does anybody know of a good deal (on the west coast preferably) on a used HT2x10? Or am I going to have to shell out the big bucks for a new one...

8. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    I just snagged a used HT210 from BassNW last week. Sorry! (not really) :D I also use the HT115 and HT210 for some gigs. Nice combo! I think it sounds a bit better with the 15 on top.

9. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    A friend told me where I can get a new Bergie HT210 for $619.00. Is that a good deal or about average? Should I jump on this while I can?

10. ivanthetrble

ivanthetrble

Sep 9, 2002
    Orygun
    I got my HT210 for a bit less than that but not much.

11. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    How do you like yours? I plan on using it as a small rig. I already own a Bergie HT322, so I'm sold on he sound and tone of the Bergie cabs. Did you ever compare with other small cabs like the Aguilar GS112, Epifani 112, or any of the EA small cabinets?

I picked up an Aggie 112 for rehearsals, but it does not have enough punch to play loud in a larger club. Wondering if I should add another GS112, or trade the one I got and pay the difference to get the single Bergie HT210 cabinet?