Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino users!! Unite!! Transform!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Jan 27, 2002.

1. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    ok, now that i got your attention... hehe...

any real Berg users here?? what do you guys think? what are you using? i'm especially interested in the new 1x12.

2. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    I use my brothers 2x10 and it's everything people describe about the 1x12 except I've heard that the 1x12 is louder than the 2x10!

3. I have one and I love it. Whaddayawannaknow?

4. How much do they cost?

5. I got mine for $525 from Bass Central - the place to go for any gear, IMHO.

I like my 1x12, but I am waiting to pair it with a better amp. When using the Berg with a GK 800RB amp for a pair of jazz DB gigs last month, I was not incredibly pleased. When I used the Berg as an extension speaker for my Acoustic Image Contra, it was much better.

It strikes me as a solid and punchy little cab that I have yet to fully try out. It took me a few months before I was completely sure about the Contra, so it may be a while before I have a really firm opinion on it.

6. Bass-only

Bass-only Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2001
    Cleveland
    I have a 310 Bergantino and it really does sound incredible! I used it with an Eden WT800 and a Lakland 5 and a low D nearly shook the walls down!

I would agree that this 310 would easily compete against any 4x10 and probably even a 6x10. Is there a difference between one of these and a SWR or Eden cab? Oh, yes! It is a step up.

They aren't cheap, but they really don't retail for much more than an Eden 410XLT.

Also, Jim Bergantino is one of the most responsive people when it comes to questions and service. I had to order my cab from out of town and when it arrived, one of the handles had a small gouge, I contacted Jim and I had a new handle on the way that day!

If I didn't still like my Bag End D10X-D cabs so much, I'd get 1 or 2 of the 112 Bergantino cabs also!

If you can put the money together - get one!

7. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I have a Bergantino 3/10 & 2/12 I also have or have owned almost every other cabinet out there...
    the Bergantinos chrush!!!! Anybody in the market for a new cab should try them.....the low end is awesome and the high end is a beautiful thing:)

8. I got my Berg 1x12 for $499.00. I bought it in conjunction with a Clarus though so I got a good deal. I think $549.00 is about right on the 12.

9. mgood

mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    According to the website, the 2x10 is 3dB louder than the 1x12 if they are both fed the same amount of power. It looks like the main advantage of the 1x12 is that it's much smaller and lighter (and cheaper). These are some very cool cabs! I like the 2x10, the 2x12, and the 3x10. Whichever one of those I decide I like best, I want two of them just alike. :D Did someone say GAS?

http://www.bergantino.com/product.htm