Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino Vs. Aguilar Cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by djshawn47, Jan 23, 2004.

1. My question is not so much which Cab is better, because i know that is subjective...but what are the main differences in the speaker cabinets( Berg 322 Vs. Aguilar GS410). What do you prefer and why?

Thanks!

2. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    The Ag is dusk and the Bergie is high noon! :D

3. billys73

billys73

Apr 25, 2003
    huh?

4. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    both of these companies have been discussed here ad nauseum. try doing a search, and you'll find TONS upon TONS of info, on either of these exact cabs.

5. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Two very different cabs. The Bergantino 322 has 2 10" speakers, 1 12" speaker and a tweeter. 800 watts peak handling, weighs 93 lbs. and is available only at 4 ohms.

The Aguilar GS410 is more of a traditional 4x10, with 4 10" speakers and a phenolic tweeter. 700 watts, weighs 98 lbs. and is available in 4 or 8 ohm configurations.

To my ears, the Aguilars have a warmer, richer tone, whereas the Bergantinos are brighter with a more "audiophile" tone, a la Epifani. Not that there's anything wrong with that...to each his/her own. :D

6. Craig Garfinkel

Craig Garfinkel

Aug 25, 2000
    Hartford, CT
    Endorsing Artist: Sadowsky Guitars
    Oh yeah, the Bergie's more expensive too. $1350 list to the Aggie's $1149 list ($850 street price).

7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I wouldn't venture an opinion without the same amp/preamp/cables/bass/bassist/et al, pushing both of them.

8. g4string

g4string Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Melissa, TX
    Here is my thought:

I prefer my pair of Aggie GS112's for club/bar work. I like the more scooped sound of the Aggies. When I use the Aggies for these type of gigs I always have a great sound. The Demeter preamp, QSC poweramp, and Lakland 55-94 produce a cyrstal clear siganl. Then the Aggies scoop it a bit. I am left with a mix that is clear and defined, but thumps. It is like a round clean clear pillow of bass that fills the room. When I use the Berg 322 for gigs like these, it is too hard to get the above mentioned sound. The reason is beacuse you really need to pull some power in order to open the cab to achieve the above mentioned affect. By then, you are too loud. Dont get me wrong, the Berg sounds good for these gigs. Just not as good as the Aggies. If I use the Berg instead of the Aggies for club/bar gigs, the regulars can definatley tell the difference and have often pointed it out to me.

If I am playing a medium to large stage I will use the Berg. The abundance of flatness of the 322 allows me to cut through the mix like a knife. And the more power I give it, the more low end I get out of it as well. IMO, on a loud stage with a hot monitor mix the Aggies can get lost in the mix. I like to hear myself through the monitor AND my amp, not one or the other.

If I had to choose between either cab, I would choose my pair of Aggie GS112's. I do more club/bar gigs than I do large stage gigs.