1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino vs Ampeg cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Venom of God, May 17, 2011.

1. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

Well, it's not worth getting an SVT3 to go with an NV610. If you already have the SVT3, then I say get the NV610 now and save your money for a better amp later. :)

2. It's ALWAYS worth getting a NV610 as long as you don't want the hi tops of a tweeter.

3. Venom of God

Venom of God

Oct 8, 2007
    Australia
    My current cab is a Lab Systems 410HLC, which is a ported 8ohms cab with a tweeter.. I don't think I'd miss the tweeter though, I like to use a bit of overdrive and sometimes fuzz so I generally run the tweeter really low anyway.

Really leaning towards getting the Berg when I have the money then and not having to worry about a cab when I can afford a VR or similar. I'm sure the 3 will do me fine for a good few years at least, though.

4. If U use OD & fuzz the NV610 will be SWEET AS!! Pity I sold mine to NSW a few months ago. Still got the NV215 tho!

5. Venom of God

Venom of God

Oct 8, 2007
    Australia
    Wish I snapped that up!

Just out of curiosity, is there a reason for the unsymmetrical styling of the NV610 or is it just a certain look Bergantino was going for? It looks really ODD to me.

6. Dunno- email Jim Bergantino- he's good to deal with. All the NV cabs pretty much have it- the 412, the 215 & yep the 610. The Aguilar GS412 has it also..

Man you oughta try the NV215 with yr T-bird- Would sound HUGE! Welcome to try the 3PRO thru it too. The NV215 aint a LONG way from the 610 - it's a VERY tight sounding 215. Also have a Berg HS410 which is in the same BALLPARK as the NV610 too

7. allexcosta

allexcosta

Apr 7, 2004
    It's got to do with dispersion and image of the sound. It's part of his engineering. I think it looks pretty cool...

8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

+1

9. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses
    I am the hardest guy I know to please in terms of punch and volume that a cabinet can handle. I've played through countless Ampeg 8X10s and never quite understood what the love was all about. I bought myself an NV610 and it is without a doubt the best single cab I ever played through. After about 15 years of searching for the right amplification for myself, I am completely satisfied. I paired my berg with a carvin BX500. I can get any sound I want at any volume I've needed thus far.

10. I picked up my NV610 without hearing it. That was one of the best things that I have ever done for my tone.

11. paganjack

paganjack

Dec 25, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Another vote for the NV610. I had heard other people play out of them a few times and enjoyed it but when I got mine recently and played with my metal band again...SO GOOD. It makes you sound better- somehow I feel like I'm playing better too. It just sits perfectly in any band mix. Well, maybe not a tiny jazz combo...
    If you can justify the expense and you like that sweet sweet bass tone, then DO IT.

12. walkerci

walkerci

Mar 7, 2006
    Orlando, FLA
    I A/Bed the Berg AE410, NV610, and NV412 with an Eden WT800B at Bass Central in Central Florida.

All of the cabs were awesome.:eek:

I kept coming back to the NV412, so I bought it.:hyper:
    I also bought the MusicMan StingRay 5 H Piezo fretless that was I was playing with these rigs.:)