Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergantino?????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassJ725, Aug 28, 2004.

1. bassJ725

bassJ725

Jul 7, 2004
    Has anyone tried those new Bergantino 425s they look pretty sweet. Any opinions? And if anyone has tried them are they good for stuff like System of a Down, Slipknot, Mud Vayne, and mayb a lil punk here and there?

2. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    I would say it depends on your bass and amp. Ive tried the 425 and own the 610. I was real impressed with the 425 and if I was going to get just one nv cab that would be it. The 610 has a little better punch and top end and the 425 a bit more low end as you would expect. If you have a lot of power (headroom) the 610 has more low end than people think. If you need a big low end and dont have a lot of power than the 425 would be a little better.
    I play some songs from the bands you have listed and the 610 does a great job. Like I said, it would depend on power and bass. If you have a fender style bass, maybe the 610. If you have a modern bass (modulus) maybe 425. Thats just a guide though as I use a modulus, 610 with great results. NV cabs are great cabs.

3. bassJ725

bassJ725

Jul 7, 2004
    thanx i was looking at a 610 also but i thought that the 425 looked pretty cool so i thought id look into it.