1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MooseKnuckle, Apr 29, 2010.

1. ctbass

ctbass

Jun 21, 2005
    Colorado

2. kdel

kdel

Feb 24, 2010
    San Diego
    So KJung & company, does the pairing of the AE line with either an HS or HT cab complement the punch of the AEs with lower end? I know the amp is a big variable and it's a big generalization, but I'm reading all things about a handful of cab companies before i start driving all over to test what i can.

3. Can't comment on that. I'm not a big fan of mixing different cab designs with different SPL, etc. The AE's, in general, have a more full low end extension than the HS's, so that wouldn't make a lot of sense to me.

My recommendation is to find a single 112 or 210 you really like... and then get another:)

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    The AE112 and HT112ER, IME/IMHO, do not really pair up that well together. They just didn't "gel," if that makes any sense. On the other hand, the AE210 and HS210 seem to compliment each other very well. I am normally more inclined to stack two similar cabs (or at least cabs that are designed to go together), but the AE210/HS210 combo is quite good. In fact, I liked this combo better than either an AE410 or HS410 on their own.

Ultimately, though, it's a matter of personal preference, and YMMV.

Tom.

5. kdel

kdel

Feb 24, 2010
    San Diego
    Logical points, I appreciate the feedback; much thanks to you both.

6. nostatic

nostatic Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2004
    lost angeles, CA
    Endorsing Artist: FEA Labs
    I have the AE112 and AE210 -kinda like chocolate and peanut butter to my ears.

7. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    I wonder how the newer HS210 would sound with my older HT112?

8. Tom P

Tom P

Aug 19, 2004
    I have and use that combo live and love the sound. I feel it carries a med size room easily. I am using an Aguilar DB750 -older model- and easily get a non-grindy low-mid punch.

9. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Cool. I've been planning a rig upgrade for some time...centered around my existing HT112. Besides upgrading my head from my LMII, I've been toying around with simply adding the newer HT112EX, or if adding the HS210 would positively compliment the 12". Also toying around with the idea of adding IP112 to my HT112.

10. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    If you can find an original IP112 (before it became based on the IP112ER), this is an exceptionally good combination. It might work okay with the IP112ER, as well, but I know that it rawks with the original IP112. It is a bit more punchy and focused than the larger IP boxes, like the IP310 and IP112ER/EX112ER.

Tom.

11. Tom P

Tom P

Aug 19, 2004
    Can't speak to the IP stuff.

I also have a 2nd HT112 and switch back and forth between 2-112 and 112/210. The 112 is 40 lbs the 210 is 60. So a bit heavier but not too bad - not too wide with great handles.

The sound - I guess I can get louder with the bigger combo.
    I'm not very articulate about tone. I play classic rock and am not into a modern or slap/bright tone.

I play a p bass with flats, looking to get a non OD Stax-ish low mid thump and this gets me there.

12. Valerus

Valerus

Aug 4, 2005
    Austin, Texas
    I'm satisfied with mine. If you want a sturdy, great-sounding cab, get one.

13. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Besides a great product, I can't imagine better customer service. That alone is worth a little extra cash for a product to me. In all my years of playing, I've found the term "you get what you pay for" really applies when it comes to bass equipment.

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Short answer: Bergantinos rule. RULE!

15. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle Guest

Apr 8, 2010
    No, I do know the difference in names, but I got your point. I just figured since almost everyone has one, maybe they weren't pricey. Think I found the next item to G.A.S. for.

16. MooseKnuckle

MooseKnuckle Guest

Apr 8, 2010
    Nice check-mate:p

17. jibreel

jibreel

Apr 12, 2005
    Seattle
    Pulled the trigger one hour ago

DSC00542.

18. Nice.. the TC amp and AE line of Berg cabs sounds really, really good to me!

19. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Thanks for sharing your tone goals. I'm a hi-fi type of guy. I do a lot of solo/improv with a looper and layer quite a bit, so lean-n-mean is what I go for. :)

20. T. Alan Smith

T. Alan Smith Guest

Sep 9, 2001
    Thanks, Tom. :)