1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bergantino???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MooseKnuckle, Apr 29, 2010.

1. I found Bergs to be very versatile in any type of genre in music. That low-end growl through my AE410 combined with my Thunderfunk is just amazing. The AE410 alone fills up a lot of sound in almost any room setting, at any position as well.

I love the AE210 & AE112 combo. Amazing.

2. +1 The AE410 LOVES the more punchy, mid focuses, warm heads like the Thunderfunk and the RH450.. warm, punchy, growly... wonderful. The TF550b/AE410 is always a big 'winner' at our GTG's... .kind of what a bass should sound like in a pop/rock/country context to my ear.

3. Dan Knowlton

Dan Knowlton Sarcasm: Just ONE of the many services I offer! Supporting Member

Aug 12, 2002
    Palm Coast, FL
    Well, you COULD do that at Guitar Center...

4. bassclef04

bassclef04 Bass and Beyond! Gold Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2006
    Bronx, NY
    Hey Kjung, how about a Epifani UL502 with a AE410?

5. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    My amp of choice is my DB750. Which Berg would get me a punchy, thick, articulate grindy-when-needed with lots of fat mids and good fingerstyle attack? I keep thinking about the nv610...

For reference, I have an aggie GS412, and while it sounds really good, when I've used it live it sounds huge but with a "hole in the mids" feel that makes it seem not as articulate as I would like, and the pitch is sometimes hard to hear. Too much low end for too few low mids maybe?

Is the nv line a bit like the Aguilar DB line? Or the old S line? Just to get an idea of the voicing.

I guess I need to find a dealer and check them out for myself, but any help or opinions would be appreciated.

6. ...unless Bergantinos are not sold at Guitar Center (and they are not).