Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergie HT115 + Ht210 vs. Bag End S15B-D + D10BX-D

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by lo-freq, Feb 26, 2003.

1. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Has anyone out there heard both these cab combinations (with good amplification)?

Trying to narrow down my shopping list.

Any input would be appreciated.

Yeah, Yeah; I know I have to hear them for myself, but the only BE dealer close to where I live doesn't have them in stock and doesn't want to get them for me to hear unless I actually order them.

The Bergies I think I could hear (not sure they have the 1x15 in stock); both the dealers are also a two hour drive from where I live.

I am also thinking the Bergie HT210 might sound good with the S15B-D (plus both are 8 Ohm cabs which would simplify amplification).

2. KPO2000

KPO2000 Supporting Member Supporting Member

Sep 5, 2001
    MA
    You saw in this thread that I have some Bergs and BEs you mentioned.

If I had to do it all again, per the recommendation of a fellow TB'er (Johnathan), I'd probably get the big ole S15BD again and get two Berg 12s (one HT112 and one EX112--getting the HT112 first, if I couldn't afford to get them at the same time.)

Cheers,

3. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I would think the 10s would complement the 15 better than the 12s would. You must be after a serious mid-bass tone.