Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bergie nv610

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by K Dubbs, May 7, 2003.

1. K Dubbs

K Dubbs Just graduated from OSU, Go Bucks!

Mar 16, 2002
    Toledo, Ohio
    Which one of you guys has that new 610 from bergantino? Is it fuzzbass maybe? I can't seem to find pictures of that cab doing searches. Can you post the picture/s again?

2. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Go to my website and click on NAMM 2003 at the bottom on the left side. There are Pictures from this winter NAMM show at the Bergantino and Benavente Booth. You will see the 610 there. This one was in red tolex, but they come standard in the carpet.

Wonderfull sounding cab!!!

Thanks

3. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Josh: thanks for the assist, good buddy!

FYI/FWIW: according to Jim B. I got the first official production model, but the current production model has a few changes, so mine is arguably more of a late beta. Anyway, the differences are:

1) Current model has black carpet, not tolex (tolex being less durable and more expensive to apply)

2) No side casters on current model

3) Current model has recessed rear handle (in addition to side handles) for easier tilt back. That's a nice feature... I might slap a rubber handle on the back of mine (rather than route the cab).

4. ThunderStik

ThunderStik Guest

Jun 25, 2001
    Claremore OK.
    How does it sound?

5. Fuzzbass

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showt...erpage=20&highlight=BERGIE HOUSE&pagenumber=2

My comments still apply... I'm still happy with the cab! In fact my only complaint is that it's now the biggest, bulkiest, heaviest cab I own. But the inset tilt-back wheels roll very smoothly... and heck, the NV610 is a bit smaller and lighter than the SWR Goliath Sr. 6x10 I used to own.

6. Hey Ken
    I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these beasts to add to my Berg collection. The only thing I would find troublesome is no casters of four to make one move by putting the rack on top and rolling the whole thing to the gig site. It doesn't always work that way of course with stairs and all, but I really like that about my HT's. 2cents. Anyone want to trade a HT-212 for a NV610???? Come on!

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    who cares?!?! it looks just soo freakin' cool.

8. Fuzzbass

Big Guy: four-on-the-floor casters are useful, but this cab is tall with a relatively small footprint, which might present a stability problem with a heavy amp. The old SVT coffin cab was a PITA because it was dangerous to use upright with the dolly attached, especially with that big momma SVT head on top.

9. Fuzzbass

BTW: it can't be said often enough that Jim Bergantino not only knows the value of good customer service, he enjoys providing. If you want his personal comments/opinions on how his products will work with your specific application, just ask. Email's OK, but Jim prefers voice.

10. Thanks Fuzz, that makes sense. Isn't it only 36" tall? That is 1/2" higher than my Ht322 with the casters on. Trivia...semantics....

11. Fuzzbass

My tape measure says 36.5" x 23.5" looking at the front, but it's only 15" deep!

12. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    If anyone is interested, mine is for sale. I just got it from Gibson Geek & while it is an engineered masterpiece, it isn't quite suitable for what I need. I'm looking for $750 + shipping. It was used for 1/2Hr at most & in as shipped, brand new condition (never left my appt).

If anyone is interested, PM me.

later,
    Satan

13. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    fuzz, how would you compare the berg with the swr 610? Im looking to get a 322 but the 610 has cought my attention. Thanks.

14. I PM'd you Devil Dude
    By the way, is it RED or carpeted?
    Does it have the new handles ?

15. Fuzzbass

The best way to describe it is, the SWR has the SWR sound. That is not remotely meant as a negative... I like SWR cabs, including my old Goliath Senior. I simply like the Berg HT series cabs even better than SWR (it's a matter of "you get what you pay for").

In short: "NV" stands for New Vintage. Follow the link I posted above to my original review: those comments still stand. But in short, the NV610 is a sealed (non-ported) cab that does not have a tweeter. It's designed to be like the old SVT 8x10 "coffin" cab, but with better power handling. I play fiver and the NV610 does handle notes below E, but in a different way than ported boxes. You're not going to get MarcusTone™ simply because of the lack of tweeter. If you like modern hi-fi cabs (either SWR or Berg HT series), the NV610 probably isn't for you. But if you're looking for old-school SVT 10" punch, it's worth investigating.

16. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    Heres the 610 in carpet.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. inazone

inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Colorado
    thanks for the reply. i have a swr 610 that i like alot but im not quite there on my sound yet. im looking for the growl of rush, the "clickieness" of iron maiden and the punch of van halen to make my sound. im getting close. i use a ebs td650 and modulus bass. i use two bergantino 112s for smaller shows and love those cabs. but for the larger shows i was looking at a berg 322. i played a berg 610 for about a min, at low volume and so far i liked what i heard but dont know witch way to go. thanks for the help.

18. Fuzzbass

I'm thinking the NV610 would be great for the Maiden tone because the punch is just incredible, and while Harris' tone is clicky, the click is in the lower treble which is easily reproducable by the 10" drivers. The NV610 also growls quite nicely, but it's hard to say how well it would work for Rush because Geddy has used so many different tones over the years.

19. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    its literally about 4 ft. tall, and very compact looking actually. i was quite impressed by its small footprint.

but, i finally got to play one today at Rudy's Music, and HOLY FARKIN' SHIZNIT! its simply too gorgeous a tone to behold. too gorgeous... :bawl:

drool, drool, drool...

seriously, i couldnt stop playing. between the Zon Sonus 5 & MTD 535 that Scott, the salesman, kept feeding me, and Aguilar 680 / Eden WT1000 setup i blasted thru, it was my own Bergieland heaven. He had to literally kick me out of the shop, cause i played it til closing time.

really, peeps its that good. had i been hired for a loud enough gig, i'd be all over Dev's sale of his 610.

playing it only got me MORE excited to see what Nick has instore at the Epifani shop with his ultralite 6x10. he says its only 75 lbs.! and yes, peeps, i'm going there this monday!

its amazing what technology does these days, no?

Hey Dev, if you're free during the day, wanna chill? i'll be bringing my Elrick and my Demeter/Kern preamp 2 rack box. it'll be a mini forum jam!

20. DEVILMAN

DEVILMAN

Nov 24, 2001
    New York,NY
    Joker,

My main man! What's up! Hey, Mon @Nicks sounds great, we can gang beat all of his cabs together (hopefully his pre) & give a full report back to our fellow TB'ers. What time you heading there? I'll bring my 635...

later,
    EL Diablo

PS: We can drop in on Vinnie & Joe upstairs too