Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bergies! Early Xmas present!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Arthur U. Poon, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull Custom Basses
    My wife ordered my Bergie cabs today from Juan Ortiz at Basses Electric-Acoustic. She was planning on surprising me at Christmas, but I've been looking at so many different brands, she wasn't sure exactly what I was planning to buy. She had to ask me, which let the cat out of the bag.

So here's what's coming:
    Bergie HT210 & Bergie HT115, plus covers.

So my 'Dream Rig' will be complete soon. It will consist of:

Read Custom Purity Preamp
    Crest CA9
    Bergie HT210 & HT115.

Bless her heart, I really have a great wife! :) I still have to act surprised at Christmas :hyper:

-Art

2. bassjam

bassjam

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses,Genz Benz
    does your wife have a sister :)

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I just got my new amp for a combined x-mas/birthday present. Best present ive ever gotten.

[​IMG]

4. Tritone

Tritone Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2002
    Santee, America
    My signature says it all.....

5. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    lol! :D Yes, but I got the best of the three IMO.

Now I'm going to do some jewelry shopping, I'm the "I'm not worthy" feel-guilty type.

She's got me figured out! :p

6. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
  7. Rod B.

Rod B.

Jun 11, 2002
    Montana
    Nice!!!

8. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Thanks, im quite excited about it.

9. the dude

the dude Supporting Member

Sep 19, 2004
    Indy
    Hey Arthur -

Crest + Berg = Bass heaven :cool:

You are gonna really like this one...

10. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Just remember, you probably bought those cabs aswell :).

11. bassjam

bassjam

Aug 2, 2004
    dfw
    Lakland Basses,Genz Benz

smart man...sounds like your the one that has it figured out.

12. What a cool wife!!!!!

Great rig congrats

13. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    Congrats!

Should be a great sounding system.

14. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Cool, I have the same speaker setup....used a few different heads and pre-amps with it. The 210 has a different thing going on than the 115. Curious how you like it once you have a chance to wring it out.
    Makes me wonder how other bassists find these two cabs and which one they prefer.

15. Arthur U. Poon

Arthur U. Poon

Jan 30, 2004
    SLC, Utah -USA-
    I have a few questions, excuse me for being so nosey!: :D

How much power are you putting into your cabs?

Does the rest of your band play loud?

Can your Bergies cut through on loud stages?

What kind of bass(es) do you use and what style(s) of music do you play?

Jim suggested the HT210 & HT115 when I told him I wanted my low B-string to sound defined and clean and I wanted to go with a modular cab setup. I was first considering the HT322, but I'm getting too old to haul 90+ lb cabs around by myself. I use a Roscoe SKB3006, which has a really massive sounding low end. I'm going to try running my CA9 stereo into each cab (500 watts RMS per side @ 8 ohms), but I've heard the Bergies love the watts so I may end up running the CA9 in bridge-mono, (which I think is 1800 watts @ 4 ohms).

My current Ampeg cabs weigh 122 lbs each and IMO leave a little to be desired B-string wise. I'm really excited to get to hear the Bergies with the rest of my band.

-Art

16. SCT1422

SCT1422 Supporting Member

You'll love the Crest/Bergie combination.. I use a Crest CA-9 with a HT-322 and a Kern preamp... It's heaven.. :hyper:
    Best rig I've ever owned and played through... I get lots of compliments from the different gigs I do... Grant it they are heavy, but well worth it...

17. JOME77

JOME77 Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    You are indeed a lucky and smart man! :)
    9 years ago my wife gave me my first Roscoe 3005 as an anniversary gift. That year I gave her a nice tennis bracelet!
    Win-win situation! ;)

18. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    Nice surprises, both of you!

Mine wasn't really a surprise, I knew it was coming and I ordered it, but in the end it came earlier and arrived this week - and my birthday this week, too, on Monday :smug: :cool:
    Pics a bit later, though ;)

19. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Arthur,

I have both cabs being powered by an iAMP800. I play a Sadowsky Metro 5 and and NS Designs EUB. I did have a post a while back about having some difficulty with hearing my slapping but I seemed to have figured that out. The fix was just to elevate the 210 a touch. I did that by standing it on its side. It gets it a bit closer to my ears without losing contract with the floor. The stage at the club in question is very small so I had to stand right over the rig which would account for me missing some of the sound. BUt I like feeling my pant legs flap. I also changed the way I use my volume on the bass. I used to be a 'set the amp and max out the bass guy' but now I set the amp higher than needed and roll off the volume on the bass. That gives me a bit more room to boost the volume when I slap.

I am CONSTANTLY getting compliments on my sound whenever I play. I still run the iAMP flat. Sometimes I switch on the DEEP setting for fun. Outrageous. Bergies can handle anything. I use the 210 mostly since at the moment it is MORE than enough for the blues gigs I am doing. I have no doubt that on a loud stage I will be able to hear myself. I was told that Jim B suggested running the 210 on the bottom and the 115 on top. I haven't had a chance to compare the two set ups.

Steve

20. Whats the deal with the CA poweramps, I've heard a lot of raving about them?