bergies HT/EX or gk neo two 1x12s

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Feb 24, 2005.

1. yesterday i tried a gallien-krueger 1001RB-II with the begie EX/HT setup and it was really really great! great tone, and very loud! what would be better the bergie EX/HT setup or the new gallien-krueger neo 1x12s, i want a LOUD portable setup. the only thing that wants me tog et the gk is beacuse i will be maching it with a 1001RB-II and i want to use the bi-amp thing, also it would be an all gk rig.
  2. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    Better than the Berg HT/EX? Maybe a romp with Teri Hatcher... :D Seriously, that combination weighs little and sounds WAY big.
  3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    Yup. The Bergie HT112/EX112 is one of the best 2 1x12 rigs I have heard. If you want more volume, and more low end, I might suggest two Epifani T-112's, but then you don't get the beautiful, full, focused mids and smoothly sweet highs of the Bergies. Two EA CxL-112's would be crazy loud, as well.
  4. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    Best price I've found on the GK NEO 112 was $380 shipped at Riks music.
    I have no idea what the diffferences are between the GK and Bergantino sensitivity specs, but would urge you to consider the Berg if money is no object. I have a NEO 112 and have not found the bi-amp advantage life changing, nor have I found the tone utterly spectular. I'm used to the sound of my Bergantinos and pretty biased as a result. And the Bergantino horn in the HT112 just blows the GK horn away. good luck.
  5. Pickebass

Pickebass Supporting Member

Jul 12, 2004
    San Antonio, TX
    Bergs are great!! Have you had a chance to hear the GK setup using their biamp system??
  6. boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Doubt you'd regret springing for a HT/EX112 set although I'm sure the GKs are considerably cheaper.

I've had extensive experience gigging with the Bergs and they are excellent cabs that work very well together. And Jim B. is a fine fellow, to boot! :cool:
  7. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
  8. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey fender,

where in Tuscon did you try this? what shop?
  9. Ditto again.
  10. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
  11. it was at rainbow, the best music shop in town, A+ service, they have all kind of setups from behringer to bergantino to ampeg.

i really love the way the 1001RB-II sounds, and i just wanted to get a full gk rig, maybe i can just get the gallien-krueger 2x12
  12. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hehe... :smug:
  13. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Hey Greg, I am also in Tucson. I played those little Bergies at Rainbow also. But I didn't see a GK1001 RB II unless you used the combo head to drive the bergs. Nice Rig huh? One little Bergie alone wasn't enough. My 5 string was farting out. But adding the EX112 making the famous Bergie HT/EX stack was incredible. I play in a band called "The Smoking Section." We were in the evening line-up at the Az Blues Showdown, so we missed you guys. I heard good things about your band. Come check us out sometime.

Back to the topic - I liked the GK power and punch of the head, but it was a little too sterile and solid state sounding to me. haven't heard the Neo cabs yet, but the word is the Neo 212 is great value and is a nice size too. - Gary
  14. thats cool, i remember seeing the band name when i was reading the line up. what are some of the places you are playing soon, maybe we could open for you or something, if you go tour web you can see some of the places we are playing.

anyways yes i hooked up the gk combo to the bergies, i basically unplugged the internal cab, and pluged the bergs in, sounded great, also it sounded good with the ampeg portabass800 amp that sits right next to it. i wish they sold ashdown.
  15. what amp were you using???????????
  16. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    hehe. I use an Ashdown ABM500 EVO with my Bergie HT322. It Kicks some SERIOUS a**! You definitely need to check it out. Best place to hear it when we can punch it up a bit is Old Pueblo Grill (Foothills) and The French Quarter. We'll be at both places this month.

I'll have to try that GK with the bergies. I was actually very impressed with the GK 1001RB II/210 combo. But I still love my Ashdown/Bergie rig more. It does EVERYTHING well.

PS: I'll PM you and we can exchange email.
  17. SteveC

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Get the Bergies. Biamping is over rated.
  18. X2sandman

Dec 30, 2004
    Melrose, Ma
    Sorry for hijacking, but i was wondering if anyone had compared the bergies to the 1210 or 1212. I was going to go check out the bergie stack soon, but i'm not very close to any schroeder dealers.