Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

berhinger/avatar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by cobrasneverdie, Oct 25, 2003.

1. i was planning on getting a behringer ep2500 power amp. (how well does it hold the low end? and have you heard of any problems with them?) and i was going to get the avatar 2x10 cab and the 4x10 cab. the 2x10 is rated at 700 watts and the 4x10 is rated at 1400 watts. is it safe to run it bridged mono? my other choice would be a 850 watt QSC power amp.

2. bump.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    As long as you don't go below the amp's minimum impedance in the bridged mode, you'll be fine.

Why a 4x10 and a 2x10? If you get both in 8 ohms, the 10s in the 2x10 will each get twice as much power as the 10s in the 4x10.

Ever consider using the B212 with a B210? I just received my B212 last week and it's awesome!!!! Lots of low end and nice thick mids.

4. personally i wouldnt even consider a behringer over a QSC, you cant beat a QSC on either sound or reliablity. if the price is right i would take it. but try both out first if possible, one persons favourite is rarely anothers...

Jason.