Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Berhinger bxt300 Q?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clarke, Jun 18, 2005.

1. clarke

clarke

Jun 18, 2005
    Q?-1
    I have the BXT300 with 2-1/4in outputs.
    i have
    2-4x10 hartkie @ 300W 8ohm each
    1-15inc @ 300W 4Ohms
    and
    1-15inch 150Watt @ 8ohms
    How do YOU think i should hook them up?

Q?-2
    My Pedal Board is-Boss Tuner-modulation-SansAmp-Out
    would it be "better" if i used the FX loop on the Head
    or Go Str8 from the Bass into the Tuner.
    I do intend to go wireless soon also

Thanks in Advance
    Clarke
    www.geocities.com/A_ionline
    www.myspace.com/homicidal

2. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Use the 8ohm 115 and one of the 410s. You should be able to move enough air and have a good blend of sounds from the two speakers. You might want to try running both 410s and no 115, that could sound cooler to you. I like mixing a 15 with 10s though.

Your signal chain can be whatever works, personally I'd go bass > Sansamp > head. Put the tuner on the tuner out (I think that head has one) and the effects on the effects loop.

3. Iritan

Iritan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wilmington, N.C.
    Is that a poem or something, why'd you write it like that?

4. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Just mkake sure you use one or two 8 ohm cabs, OR one ohm cab.

To clarify:

1. 1 8ohm cab
    2. 2 8ohm cabs
    3. 1 4ohm cab.

Anything other than this can damage your head (and I'd hate to see that happen to a Behringer.) ;)

5. clarke

clarke

Jun 18, 2005
    yeah i clicked the Center button when i did my post (like 3am ) any way, yes the head has a Sep tuner out but thats another 2 cabels ill need to run 2/from my pedal board.

I mixed the 4x10 an 1x15 an like the sound so i guess ill go with that, now witch 15 do i use, the 1x15 with 150w@8 ohms? or the 1x15 300watts @ 4ohms (with the one hartkie 4x10)

now what if im doin a smaller gig an want to use the 2 15inches? their Lighter in wh8. one is 4ohms @ 300W an the other is 8ohms but 150W. will this damge my head?

is there a site you guys know of that breaks the whole Ohm thing down ?

Thanks again
    Clarke
    www.myspace.com/homicidal
    www.geocities.com/a_ionline

6. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Ohms are ismple in your case: your head can go down to 4 ohms. Two 8 ohm heads = 4 ohms total. You can always use more ohms, but not less.

So, as stated above, you can use two 8 ohm, or 1 4 ohm cab. You cannot use a 4 and an 8.

Use the seperate tuner out on the head. There is no reason to have a tuner in the signal path 100% of the time. If it means using extra chords, or moving the tuner off the pedal board, do it. No reason to introduce extra noise if not necessary. Same reason for putting the effects in the effects loop and not between the bass and the input. The only thing that should be running into the input section is the Sansamp (since that's its job).

7. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Youll have to use the 8ohm cab.

No, you cant use both 1x15s.

Please, read my previous post, the impedance part is not opinion, it is fact.

Edit - Thanks Tash, beat me to it. :)

There are actually arguments for running your pedals before the amp, and not in the effects loop. Something to do with different signal levels IIRC, a quick search in the Effects forum might be in order.

8. clarke

clarke

Jun 18, 2005
    so id have to use the 8ohm Cab thats only 150 Watts?
    witht he other thats 300 with the head thats 300?

9. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Im afraid I dont understnd what you're saying, however, if it isnt one of these configurations

Then NO, you cannot do it.

No offence, but I'm starting to lose my patience here, I have no problem at all with helping anyone, but there isnt room to maneuver here. Check the FAQ at the top of this forum and read the threads on amp power and ohms.