1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

berhingers

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by [csp]fortyniner, Sep 6, 2004.

1. [csp]fortyniner

[csp]fortyniner

Aug 13, 2004
    i need a cheap amp that will still be loud the utrabass bx1200 looks pretty good does anyone know if this is a bad amp or not?

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I liked it. It's a pretty cool amp, especially for it's size and weight. It does pack a punch, too. I would reccomend it myself.

3. I used a Berhinger at a band practice a while back as a hired amp and I was really surprised by how good it sounded - and having learned to loath Trace Elliott (familiarity breads contempt etc) I have to say that I'd take a decent Berhringer over another Trace anyday - but I play EBS now so I don't have to do that too often any more.

M

4. i osn the 1200 combo amp and it is lright at low/medium volumes but when cranked it sounds like total crap!!!!!

5. gfab333

gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    I bought one for home practice and band rehearsals which are conducted at lower volume. It's not a high-end boutique amp, so I don't expect "tone to die for" or tremendous amount of headroom. It does the job for what I use it for. The tone and volume is fine if you stay within the limitations of what the amp was intended for. So, I wouldn't take it to a gig/practice that I'd actually need a 4X10 cab for.

If you do a search, you'll find previous threads on this amp and a commentary on the optimistic power rating due to it coming from Europe where perhaps standards are different. I've never measured it, but I think that the amp's actual RMS power might be less than what's stated on the specs.

Just a few of my humble opinions, I hope this helps a bit.

6. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    i have bx 600 combo its good amp but when i play music man on it it distors a little when i pul e string harder.
    bx 1200 is crap but if u are mad slaper u will like it.
    first i want bx 1200 than i tried it and i like bx 600 more.
    spend a little more money and buy ureself ashdown or GK or hartke kick back.

7. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    +1.

My "gig rig" is a Mesa M-Pulse 600, powering an Aguilar GS112 and an Aguilar GS210-nice stuff! Having said that, my daily practice/rehearsal amp is my Behringer BX1200. I love the fact that I can put my Rio CD/MP3 player through it and practice through headphones. I live in a condo, so I don't want to annoy the neighbors. My band consists of a guitarist, me on bass and a heavy handed drummer. We practice/rehearse at 3/4 to 1/2 "gig volume." My Behringer BX1200 has no problems keeping up, although there's not much headroom available. The basses I've played through it are Lakland Skyline Joe Osborn 4 (passive), Lakland Skyline 44-01 fretless (active), Pedulla Thunderbolt 4 (active) and Pedulla Buzz 4 (active). I've owned the BX1200 for almost two years. I practice through it for at least an hour or two every day and rehearse once a week. It's a workhorse. Disclaimer: YMMV! :D