1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Berhringer products

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jgrabs07, Aug 17, 2012.

1. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

Apr 26, 2012
    Temple Texas
    Ive got a behringer v amp pro rack mount for a processor I was thinking of buying a inuke 1000 to use for power to get a bridged 1000 watts, my concern is hum and, fan noise. Trying to save $$ and get the most bang for the buck does anyone know about these amps and has anyone used it for bass power amp :rollno:

2. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead! Supporting Member

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I hear good things about the V amp pro, can't say I hear too much on the inukes. The Class-D, SMPS amps have really brought some great innovation to the table, where you can get a good chunk of solid wattage for a good price and in a lightweight package. I am unsure of the reliability of the inukes, but I would ask you two questions concerning it:

1) What makes you feel you need 1000 watts (theoretically) of power in the first place? What kind of cabs are you going to be powering?

2) How much do you love your cabs? If there is anything I wouldn't want to scrimp on, it would be the power amp. If your preamp goes out, not a catastrophe since it just manipulates signal at a low power level. If you power amp goes out, it could fry or blow your speakers.

It may be worth a little extra money, in the longrun, to go with a crown or peavey power amp. Not saying that those will be 100% bulletproof, but your odds may be better with those cabs than the Behringers. They tend to have a bad track record here =/

3. metermech

metermech SMOOVE ONE

Mar 17, 2008
    I did the same the thing you're thinking about just to have an inexpensive rig to knock around with...The inuke is noisy to me and I even changed the fan out and it's still noisy...i guess you get what you pay for..I use it at church to push an Epifani UL 410 and it fills the sanctuary since I have no Pa or monitoring whatsoever...I'm next to a baby grand so my noise isn't a problem really but it just bugs me sometimes and I shut it off..It's not a bad setup as far as I'm concerned and a good introduction into the pre/power amp rig..It gives you a reference as to which direction you want to move in sound wise...

4. Jgrabs07

Jgrabs07

Apr 26, 2012
    Temple Texas
    Im using an ampeg svt 4x10, 1000watts @ 4ohms and a peavey b/w 15, both are 8 ohms but i use them in parallel to get 4 ohms, have an outside gig comming up and very little pa support if any, mostly for drums, and mics

5. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Here's a good review on the iNuke line:
    http://www.behringerdownload.de/_pd...ols4music English review_2012-03-13_Rev.0.pdf

It's not 1000w - it's clearly stated in the manual online that it's 750W RMS bridged at 4 ohms. It is 2 ohm stable per channel. 3 year warranty.

I'm looking to get the DSP model. It has some great features.

Look at the hi-fi forums for fan mods. They are very popular.

Look for places online that say "Call for Price"
    The normal price you see of $199 for the non-DSP is the MAP
    They go for less.
    The DSP model goes for well under $299

Uli has been hanging around on various forums
    http://soundforums.net/varsity/4299-uli-behringer-music-group-q-12.html
    Instead of people posting old internet rumors, they can join in on the conversation there.

Having said this, right now one of the best deals in amps is the Peavey IPR with DSP which includes MaxxBass. It has a 5 year warranty, and you just can't beat it's features. The DSP will sound louder and lower given the same cabinet. I only wish it had USB for the DSP editor.

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    You get what you pay for. In other words, Behringer = crap.

7. username1

username1

Dec 28, 2005
    alberta canada
    We have been using an inuke 6000 to power our pa system with good results. No hum or noise and loads of power. They also run so cool that the chassis is cold even after a long workout. Time will tell about the reliability but i have an old ep1200 that i have had and used for years and has been absolutely bullet proof. The dsp works great if you get that model. I programed in the response curve that we used to have our eq set to and now dont have to bother hooking up an external eq. Any room acoustic changes can be dealt with easily on the mixing board.

8. If your looking for a deal in a new amp I think it's hard to beat the Ampeg PF350 or PF500. They sound great and from owning both, they seem to have a lot of power. Almost like their rating is honest...

9. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    On what, exactly, do you base that statement?

10. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    Now look what you've done! Asking for reasoned argument on an internet forum is guaranteed to kill the thread. What were you thinking?

11. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    Low cost doesn't always equal crap.

I have no personal experience with Behringer's MI products other than my son's V-Amp, but I have had several Behringer products in my PA processor rack.

The only problem I've had was with an authorized service center during the warranty repair of the only unit that ever failed.

12. subdude67

subdude67

Jan 18, 2010
    Kenya
    i have not used any inuke power amps but i use lots of other gear by behringer and i have made only good experiences so far. i can recommend it.

13. dincz

dincz

Sep 25, 2010
    Czech Republic
    I know. My tongue was firmly in my cheek. I've had good experiences with their products too, as have many others. But the mythology always wins over the facts.

14. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    My post wasn't directed at you, dincz. It was a followup to the question I posed to cheezewiz (who doesn't seem to have returned to give an answer) and to counterbalance the brand bashing and mythology.