Beringher 5 channel mixer?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Freaky Fender, Aug 28, 2003.

1. Has anyone had any experience with these "mini-mixers"? I'm interested in getting one for fooling around on my computer
  2. 12notes

Jul 15, 2003
    I don't know the 5 channels one. But I'm using the MX802A as my keyboards sub-mix into the MX1604A.

I'm very satisfied with both Behringer's mixers.
  3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'm looking at it too. but I see MF has got Yamaha 10/2 mixers for $99. I think I'm going that route
  4. I picked up a little 5 channel while my real mixer was in for repair. I just used it for monitoring and talkback.

If you're just using it to record into your soundblaster, it's fine. No phantom power on the mic input though, that was kind of annoying.

Actually, you want mine? I don't really need it anymore.

((taken to pm))
  5. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    Behringer's are known to be more inexpensive copies of real name-brand stuff. Still, they have nice price/quality ratio, especially for home use - couple of my friends have used their mixers and similar stuff at home for couple of years now, they don't seem to be having any worries.
  6. Mishbass

Feb 8, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I've been used a Beringher mini mixer for about 2 years. I use it primarily to teach my bass students. I've used it on a couple of gigs. It's OK at best. I didn't have any real problems but it does detract from the signal. I'd recommend it only for non-serious applications where tone is not crucial.
  7. I use the UB802 for mixing two basses, but I put in after my DI's in my signal chain, because it does degrade the signal, and that way the sound guy still gets a great signal. It's great for the price and it's nice to have a mixer around. But beware, when they say 5 channels, that's one mono channel and two stereo or mono channels, so it's really 3. Fine for a mic and a bass, but not for a bunch of stuff.

and they have phantom power now, which is great