Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Berklee College of Music: Summer Bass lines

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by SomeGuy, Apr 2, 2005.

1. SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Aug 20, 2004
    The Last Frontier
    Thought I'd see if anyone else had been to Bass Lines or is going this year. I'm gonna try and go this year, I saw the ad in bass player mag and checked out there website...it sounds pretty cool. If anyone has been to it already could I get your input on it: if its good, if its bad or just any little bits of advice. If your goin this year post and maybe we can try and meet up while we're there. If you dont know what I'm talkin about just reply with one of these guys: :eyebrow: I wish I had an eyebrow like that...

2. Hey man, I'm goin this year. I'll try and get a BP wearable or something so you can know where I'm from.

3. Hey, Im going this year too.

4. karrot-x

karrot-x Banned

Feb 21, 2004
    Omicron Persei 8
    Sounds hot.

5. SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Aug 20, 2004
    The Last Frontier
    Way cool, we should try and meet up while were there, are you guys gonna stay on campus? I probably will. I'll try and get a recent picture to put up in my profile so you can know who to look for.

6. I'm stayin' on campus too. Maybe we could even be room-mates!

7. SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Aug 20, 2004
    The Last Frontier
    gettin closer to go time so I thought I'd bump this up to see if any one else who missed it was goin. I'm gonna be getting to Boston on June 9 in the afternoon, I think around 6:00-7:00pm. Should be cool :D

8. I'm gonna try to go up 9th too, around 8 or so...

9. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    I'm heading to the 5 week summer program, I'm so excited. I know some guys that have gone to both (bass lines and the 5 week summer program) and they all say they learned a ton, met a lot of cool people, and had a great time.

10. TMWPB

TMWPB

Mar 1, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Hey,

I am going to the 5 week program. Should be a whole lot of fun and will most definitely get my chops better, 5 weeks of intense playing will get anyone's better though.

TMWPB

11. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    Very cool man, I get my room info on tuesday :)

12. SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Aug 20, 2004
    The Last Frontier
    Sweet, I'm sure the 5-week program will be a blast too. Have either of you guys goin for the 5-week been to the weekend before? I'm countin down to next thursday already... FreakyFender, are you flying in? if so, do you want to split cabfare? I dont think its that much anyway but I'm sure it'll be easier if we just take one. No worries if you dont think it'll work though, I'm fine either way :) .

13. Bump...

SG, I'm actually driving in, since I live in rhode island. Maybe we could try to meet up in the dorms or somewhere near there? PM or AIM me if you want details.

14. This just crossed my mind...

Are we suppose to bring amps?

15. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    I am 99% positive that for the bass lines and the 5 week program amps are NOT required. I know they told me for the 5 week program to just bring my bass, I'd assume the same for basslines.

16. Ok, thanks man. Are you taking the 5 week or bass lines program?

17. bassjus

bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    Mass
    5 week program. july 9th!

counting down the days.

18. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    Have fun. I might see one of you on the 5 week program. I'm not in it but I'm going up there sometime in July.

19. Tryxx

Tryxx Sputnik Forums: Bass Mod

Jun 1, 2005
    Hurst, Texas.
    I met Freaky Finder there, so hah! :p

Sorry, I don't mean to bump an old thread, just found it important.

20. SomeGuy

SomeGuy

Aug 20, 2004
    The Last Frontier
    I dunno about freaky but I had a good time there. Most of the guys I talked too both for basslines and full time students were really cool. The area around the campus was nice, lots of shops, a music store, couple record stores, I didn't get to explore too much but I walked around the general area the Berklee is in. I think that overall it was worth it to go, mainly just for the experience. While I probably wouldn't do Basslines twice I'm planning on the 5-week program next year.