1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bernard Edwards never made a tutorial video

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Pbassred, Apr 13, 2011.

1. Please prove me wrong. :crying:

2. bottomzone

bottomzone Gold Supporting Member

Oct 21, 2005
    If he didn't, he was most likely too busy making music! :smug:

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool:

3. chicago_mike

chicago_mike

Oct 9, 2007
    Chicago - LA - Rome - Dallas
    Endorsing Artist : Genz Benz
    The closest there is, is when the power station was in the studio. Theres John from Dursuck dursuck :D and Bernard going over the bass line, and He is teaching John some parts. Thats all i know.

Bernard deserves a permanent place in bassdom. A high place.:bassist:

4. Megavega4

Megavega4

Aug 3, 2005
    I'm not Bernard, but perhaps my video might give you some of what you're looking for. Please check it out.. enjoy !!!

5. mr.gone

mr.gone

Jan 23, 2011
    Saint Paul, MN
    Man, Megavega4, you just KILLED it on that video tribute to Bernard. Great playing. Great story.

Did you get any sense of how Bernard got such a smooth, clean sound from what he was doing with his left hand? The notes are all so well-defined, but it sounds effortless on his part. Anything other than just a lot of playing that got him to that point, from what you could tell?

I love that Budokan recording. Hakim was a great one to pair with Edwards. Both monster players.

6. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Longish fingernails that caught the strings.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 6, 2021