1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Bernard Walke German Bow

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bows' started by CPC23DB, Oct 12, 2019.

1. CPC23DB

CPC23DB Supporting Member

Jan 13, 2010
    Boston MA
    Price:
    Style:
    German
    IMG_7440.JPG This beautifully crafted bow by Canadian master maker Bernard Walke (championed by Joel Quarrington and David Allen Moore) has served me well for many years, but I recently came across something a little lighter that I want to try and I am forced to part with it. I played it in two Boston Symphony auditions and it came with me to the final rounds.

A high quality bow with a robust, chest voice kind of sound. Fantastic orchestra bow that dominates the string near the frog but can also pull a beautiful legato. The smaller Viennese style frog I had put on there (for my hand-hold preference) but can be easily replaced if a bigger Pfretchzner frog is desired.

the weight (with hair) is: 150g
    hair length: 21 1/4 inches

PM for trials and questions. Price flexible
    IMG_7451.JPG
    IMG_8023.JPG

Last edited: Jan 5, 2021
  2. arvibass

arvibass

Aug 17, 2011
    Greensboro, NC
    PM sent - still available?

3. AlexJB

AlexJB Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2011
    New York City
    Pm’ed!

4. Contranash

Contranash Supporting Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Kansas City
    Big ol' beef stick beef tip.

CPC23DB likes this.
  5. tristenjarv

tristenjarv Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2020
    Hi there! Are you still selling this bow? If so, I'd love to try it out. I have a Walke hybrid and am thinking I want to move to a regular underhand stick.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021