1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bernie Mac's onstage bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by deepdown, Sep 11, 2008.

1. deepdown

deepdown Guest

Aug 9, 2008
    Does anyone know the provenance of the red (fiesta?) precision bass that appeared in the Bernie Mac's (RIP) show? ( mostly downstage and within frame during his "talking to America" segments).
    I tried a few days ago to contact the Set Designer for the show at Fox Studios :help:with no avail. I am pretty sure that it is vintage. I am sure someone here knows something. I think it is a collectability subject.

2. It also is seen hanging on the wall in his den, in alot of episodes.

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    What does 'provenance' mean?

4. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    It was just a set decoration although Bernie loved and supported music and musicians from the beginning of his career to the point of having a 10 piece band that he took on the road and featured on his "Midnight Mac" HBO show in the mid '90's.

5. deepdown

deepdown Guest

Aug 9, 2008
    Thank you willgroove. So, I hope to hear back from Fox Public Relations regarding this bass, but I seriously doubt that I will hear from them. May you have any more info?
    My guess is that someone in the set crew probably put in bid/deposit on it when the show ended.
    Whatever the facts may be, I hope it will be played and loved, and not sit as a prop, or worse, in a collectors wall acrylic display!