Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bernie Williams and Bela Fleck

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cassanova, Oct 3, 2002.

1. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I was watching the Yankees game last night, and I heard that Bernie Williams was a classical guitarist. I also heard Bela Fleck and the Flecktones mentioned. I cant swear to it because I missed part of what they said, But I think they said that Bernie played with them for awhile. Can anyone confirm this?

2. Hey Cass,
    I've never heard about Bernie playing with Bela Fleck. Maybe he got up onstage with them at a show or something. But I have seen segments on TV of Bernie playing classical guitar, and he's very, very good.
    Go Yanks!! :)

3. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    I thought that too, but Im almost positive the commentator said he played with the band, (making it sound like he was in the band for awhile) this is gonna drive me nuts till I find out....they did say Bernie was a really good classical guitarist though....Id like to hear him play now.

Yes, Yes Go Yanks!!!

4. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.
    Bernie plays the guitar,way to go bernie..
    overall the yanks SUCK.:D

5. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    :rolleyes:

The Yankees have lost more World Series than any teams ever even been to it. That amigo, is not sucking

6. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Somehow I doubt that Bernie has ever had the time to actually be in the band. Maybe he's jammed with them a few times or something at shows and the announcer has no idea what he's talking about. That would make sense though as Bela plays a lot of classical on banjo. I could see them doing some duets.

brad cook

7. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    GO ANGELS!

:D

8. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Yeah, so they can lose to the A's. :D Though I wouldn't mind seeing the A's beat the Yanks as "payback" of sorts for the last couple of years.

Not that it really matters as my Giants are going to win the whole thing anyway (I hope I hope I hope). :D ;)