Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best 1/2 or Groundwound with Modulus Q5

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by atldeadhead, Dec 30, 2003.

1. atldeadhead

atldeadhead

Jun 17, 2002
    Georgia
    With my Fender jazz basses I'd been a die hard round wound guy for a lot of years. This year I finally bought a Modulus Q5. I love the bass but the roundwounds I had used for the past several years (DR Highbeams and Fatbeams) sound too darn bright on my Modulus.

I'd like to try some half wounds or ground wounds with my next set of strings. Something that will cut down on the high zing factor but still retain some of the round wound brightness. But I'm not sure what to try. Searches here on TB have yeilded a lot of different opinions. I've ordered a set of D'addario half wounds but I'm nervous about opening them because of all the bad reviews I've read about the horrible sounding B string.:meh: Here are the one's I ordered.

Modulus Q5 owners, what strings are you currently using and why do you like them? Can you suggest a string that I might like? Help!