Best 150 watt Combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Funky Monk, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Funky Monk

Funky Monk

Jan 6, 2001
    hey i'm about to buy a new amp
    i'm looking for something in the range of 150 watts and not TO expensive

whats the best amp, cauz i cant choose

Peavey TNT 115 BW
    Ampeg B3
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    There is no BEST amp.
    You have to give us more info (e.g. you need it for practice, band or recording, what type of bass you have, what kind of music you wanna play), because every amp excels in some areas and sucks in others.
  3. Funky Monk

Funky Monk

Jan 6, 2001
    i hav an ibanez GSR 200

i play all kinda music, but most redhotchilipepper like and som kind of hardrock and metal
  4. I always tell everybody to get a Peavey 1x15 combo, TKO or TNT. One has higher power.

5. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Hhhmmm, a 150 watt combo isnt going to last you to long, dude. Especially if youre playing hard rock.
  6. You should go through some of the older threads to help you choose. This question has been asked in many different ways. For instance, I wrote a thread on Low Wattage Amps that would give you some members views on sizes of amps for different styles of music and playing.
  7. yawnsie

Apr 11, 2000
  8. Like Angus said, the combo won't last that long. You dont want to go through what I did, what with losing money on a combo. In the long run you will probably save money with buying a cab and an amp. That way you can add on other cabs or change amps and it will be cheaper. The only way I would want a combo is if it was for practice alone by myself, or if carrying it is an issue. Also, 150 watts really isnt a lot, and wouldnt do much in a band setting. I would just go and listen to how loud a single 15 combo is compared to a 4x10 half stack. Then again, this is just my opinion. The combo could work for you if you dont play very loud music, which would defeat the purpose of "Hard Rock"!!!
  9. virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    One combo that I'd recommend is the Ampeg B2 because it starts out at 200watts with the internal speaker,but when you add a 2nd cab it goes to 350watts. This is in marked contrast to amps like the SWR WM15 which is 160 watts with it's own speaker but only goes to 200 with an extension.