Best 1x15 combo amp under $600? Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Skinny_Pete_, Dec 15, 2012.

1. Skinny_Pete_

Skinny_Pete_

Dec 15, 2012
    Ottawa, ON
    I just bought my first bass and I would like a reliable amp that I can use to jam with a band/drummer. I am not playing gigs right now, but I want to be heard over the drums. Ideally, I would want something with power(!) and good low end. I have had my eye on the Peavey Tour TNT 115. Is there anything comparable/better that anyone can recommend in a 1x15 at that price point?

2. PWV

PWV Gold Supporting Member

Oct 28, 2006
    Tacoma
  3. Gintaras

Gintaras

Dec 11, 2004
    Kent Island, Md.
  4. 2milehighspike

2milehighspike Supporting Member

Bro GK all the way, I have the MB112-II ,and it rocks, I am sure you will love the 15 incher!

5. Freddels

Freddels Musical Anarchist

Apr 7, 2005
    Sutton, MA
    Unless you're dead set on a combo, the Peavey Headliner 115 cab and Tour 450 head sound really good. If you get it from MF with their discount, you'll be under $600.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I always say, if you're set on getting a combo amp, be sure it's capable of driving an ext cab. I bet the Peavey does.

7. BigDaddyO

BigDaddyO Rockin' Ruben

Sep 23, 2007
    TC Electronic BG250

8. mccartneyman

mccartneyman

Dec 22, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Managing Editor, Bass Guitars Editor, MusicGearReview.com
    I have and like the TC Electronic BG250. It won't drive an extension cab, but so far I haven't needed one. Loud and lightweight.

9. Ampeg PF500 and PF115HE stack, used or demo should meet your budget.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021