1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Best 2x10 and 1x15 config?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Samelot, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Samelot

Samelot

Jun 23, 2005
    hi, ive been looking at amps and cabs latley, and it has come to my conclusion that a 2x10 and 1x15 config would be a good setup for me. My reasons are that it would be easier to put in my car, since i practice alot with my band, i could bring the 2x10 to practice and leave the 1x15 at home. The 1x15 will bring a more jazzy tone to my bass playing, because i play rock in a band, im im studing jazz at home. So far ive looked at SWR, Mesa Boogie setups. the guy at the store said Mesa would give me the best sound. Any other suggestions??? thx and goodbye.

2. Crabby

Crabby

Dec 22, 2004
    Eden Eden Eden Eden! Actually I recommend eden so highly because I have never had access to a Berg, Aggie or any other boutique cabinet.

But I have spent a lot of time a-b'ing cabs and have found that overal, when compared to swr, gk, peavey, etc, the Eden's overall seem warmer, more efficient and just plain sound better.

I have a 2x10t and a 1x15. Not the xlt versions. This combo doesn't offer as much low end room shaking bass but holy hanna, it growls, roars, and sounds so damm good powered by my gk rb800. Very versatile combo as well.

The big seller for me was I owned an swr henry 8x8 and a-b'd it with the eden combo. The difference in warmth and sweet tone was night and day. I had thought my swr was the s#@t, but it was a no brainer when I actually heard the two side by side. Soundmen love my rig cause it doesnt have all that boom that creates havoc in most rooms. and i have tons of good clean but growly volume.

just my opinion, hope it helps.

crabby