Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best 2x1x12 stack for bass guitar

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Scott Lynch, Jun 23, 2004.

1. aguilar

11 vote(s)
    64.7%
  2. eden

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. epifani

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. swr

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. genz benz

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. EA

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  7. other

2 vote(s)
    11.8%
  1. Scott Lynch

Scott Lynch Supporting Member

What 2 1x12's (stacked) are the best? If you vote please leave an explanation.

2. MascisMan

MascisMan

Nov 21, 2003
    Dallas, Tx
    I would say either two Aggie GS112's or a Berg EX112 and a Berg HT112.

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I voted for two EA's, although you have the option of two CxL-112's or two Wizzy's. Either would be fantastic, but would each have their own character. The Bergantino HT112/EX112 combo simply must be on your short list as well. I had a chance to hear this stack and was VERY impressed. Two Epifani T-112's make for a mighty rig, as well. I own two of these, although in truth, I prefer to use a T-112/T-110UL stack (or all three). The T-110UL adds some useful upper mid articulation.

4. I think that it really depends on what you're going for tone-wise. I voted GS112s because they work the best for what I'm going for and they're really light. I'd take 2 GS112s over a 4x10 any day.

5. lawndart

lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ

here here!! i just got rid of my Ampeg 6x10 for two of these little guys. havent played them out yet just at practice...have to say very nice.

6. I voted Aggie GS-112's... they offered the best tone, most volume, and lowest weight for the amount of capital outlay, but if money were not an issue I might consider either Berg's or Epi's.

7. justBrian

justBrian

Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    I use 2 Avatar CB112s. I've experimented with laying them on their sides etc, and have recently been using them as one tall thin stack. My GK fits nicely on top and it looks great. The tone is awesome. I roll the tweeter off onthe bottom cab and barely crack it on the top. They sounds rich and full-- even with my SB-1 tuned BEAD. THey can also handle slap/pop. They are pretty light-- about 45 lbs, and were really inexpensive.