Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best $300 combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Rick Martin, Apr 29, 2001.

1. I'm ready for a new practice amp and have $300 to spend. I'm looking at the Carvin PB100 w/15" and the Hartke B90. Any suggestions on these or anything else in that price range?

2. Jake15

Jake15

Jan 17, 2001
    USA, PA
    I'd go with the carvin.

3. Bernie

Bernie

Dec 12, 1999
    You definitly want to try the Ampeg BA-112.Ive got the BA-115 and its great.Only difference is a little less power and the smaller cone/box.IMHO they are the best small combos anywhere near your price range.Good luck!

4. I own the B90, and its a great amp. The only problem i have with it is you cant play it at 10 and still have a realy good tone. when its at 10 it sounds really muddy and dull. but otherwise its great. but you cant add on an extra cab with the B90, so maybe the carvin would be the better buy.

5. RedGrange

RedGrange

Jun 11, 2000
    Springfield, IL
    Go with the Ampeg BA112... I have one.. that I'm selling... but I love that combo... if you're interested .... let me know

6. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

If you can afford a BA115, that is a great loud small combo.

My Fender Bassman 25 is noticeably louder than an Ampeg BA112, so I would not recommend that model.