Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best 4/10 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by canadian*eh, Jan 16, 2006.

1. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    Uncompensated endorsing user: fEARful
    yeah i was wondering if anyboady could tell me which 4/10 cab would be a better choice a GK rbh,a SRW goliath3 or ampeg or eden cabs of simler size,Cause i am a 5 string bass player and have a gk700rb2/10 combo with a2/10 ext. cab...but want to replace the 2/10 ext cab for a 4/10 cab under my combo instead so i would have 6/10s.....cause i am having trouble bushing the low B string off the stage and am looking for the cab with the best low end pushing power but also the best tone and quality of sound.I was also wondering if ported or nonported is better.Hope you all will be able to help me.Thankx:bassist:

2. amistybleu

amistybleu

Jan 15, 2006
    Thornton, CO
    I use an Ampeg SVT410HLF and I love the tone and low end although your best bet is to take your Bass to the local music store and try them all to find the one that you like best.

3. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    What is your combo? Sometimes if you combine different brands of speakers, you can loose low end volume due to some type of wave cancellation. The safest choice is to stick with whatever your head is.

4. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    my combo is a gk 700rb 2\10 ......with the speakers rated at 200watts a piece

5. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    GK Neo 2x12 might be a cool choice then. It isnt a 4x10, but should give you the lows you need.

6. DAcat

DAcat

Jun 14, 2005
    Iowa
    Consider a Schroeder 1212 or 1210 cab-each will handle 800+ watts and is light,portable and prbably louder than any of the 410s you've mentioned-or if you really need the volume-consider the Schro 410 cab,at 1400W-it'll really rattle your fillings...:D

7. murphy

murphy

May 5, 2004
    Toronto, Canada
    I would grab the Mark Bass 410 Dave at Club bass has on sale.
    Deep lows and only 65lbs to carry.
    If you want more grunt go with Eden XLT...or wait for Dave to get the Sadowsky 410

8. brothernewt

brothernewt Some people call me the stormtrooper of love...

Apr 13, 2004
    Happyrock, OR
    +1 on both counts

9. If you wanna push the low end specifically, I would suggest the Eden 410xst

10. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    what 410 cab would you guy's use? A sealed or ported one?

11. Thats really a whole different debate. I think a ported cab would be fine for you, especially if you are using a SS amp and looking for added low end

12. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    aguilar's S410 isnt too shabby

course, for a few less beans, lighter weight, but at the cost of that terrific aguilar voicing and deep frequency response, you could try an Avatar Deltalite 4x10.

13. Templar

Templar Supporting Member

I play one, and I always thought that it handled lows pretty well. It's on casters, so it's not coupled to the floor all that much no matter where I take it.

Last week I snagged a POG, mainly for the sub octave feature (really nice machine, btw). I am pleasantly surprised at how well the Avatar reproduces those sub tones. It passed the POG test with flying colors.

14. Trace Elliot 1048 helped me to get low B on the top
    it made my rog sound more 'growly' with nice low-mid punch. has a lot of lows and remain selective

15. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    SWR Goliath series II, the one with the rear port. Still, to this day, my favorite sound of any bass cab I've ever heard.

16. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    What About the GK 410 rbh?It has 2 Port's, one on each side....Would that make any diffrence compared to one the only has 1 bottom port or a back port?

17. canadian*eh

canadian*eh

Jan 4, 2006
    Edmonton,Alberta,Canada
    sorry if i am asking to meany question's i just want to have a good rounded view befor i go out and spend the money.............Hope you can help!!!!!!