1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Best 4 ohm 210 & 410 for my GK MB200

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by don21480, Nov 2, 2010.

1. don21480

don21480

Mar 17, 2006
    NC
    Just ordered the micro bass amp and need to find a 4 ohm cabinet that will work well with it. Debating between a 210 or a 410 but need some direction - lightweight would be nice!

2. I say get a 410 so that if you decide to move to a higher powered head you won't be limited by the volume of the cab. Plus, 410s are more gig ready in that they can take on medium size outdoor gigs on their own without PA.

As far as suggestions, the GK NEO410 sounds surprisingly good with the MB series amps. It's odd because it sounds kinda sucky with all the other heads that I tried. If you've got the scratch a Bergantino AE410 might just float your boat. I have one and it's the best cab I've ever owned or played through.

I'll stop there for now. You might want to provide a bit more detail as to the the price range you're looking into and the sound you're looking for so we can help out more.

3. don21480

don21480

Mar 17, 2006
    NC
    I'm leaning toward the 410 as well for all the reasons you mentioned. I'm in 2 bands - a roots rock band and a cover band doing danceable rock, beach, some r&b. Basically I like old school thump with a little definition and I primarily use a roadworn 1957 p bass. No 5 strings, no slap pop and I play with a pick.