Best 400 dollar rig

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Devin, Dec 7, 2004.

1. what bass do you guys think has the best sound for 400 bucks *canadian*.
  2. What kind of sound are you looking for? What kind of music do you like? Is that the kind of music you would be playing? I'd head out and try the usual suspects, squire's, anything and everything used in your price range. I got a used peavey foundation for i think around 3-400 bucks, and I used it as my only bass for about 3 years, I still mess around on it sometimes today. You can check out essex basses, Check out Yamaha, Ibanez has some lower end models, Musicman sub, the kind of music you will be playing has an effect on what kind of bass you use. But what sounds good to your ears is what is important. If you look around the bass forums a little bit, you will notice lots of information on buying beginner basses.
  3. Alexander

Aug 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Fender Jazz Bass (Made in Mexico)
  4. Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    yeah I'd go with something from mexico, a few years back I got a mexican precision to start off on, a very nice bass, but it's been a while and I needed more, fender has an ENORMOUS aftermarket, so I got a new pickguard, no load tone pot, new bridge, new pickups, totally different sounding and playing, so if you do get a fender, you can always upgrade it into a completally new monster