1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

best 4x10 cab??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Icey101, Aug 10, 2012.

1. theres probably lots of threads on this....

i want a 4 ohm high powered cab, good quality brand

something that wont easily fart out when cranking a 800 world tour head through it, bridged...

i am not fond of eden cabs, i think they are to delicate,when pushed hard, in case you were thinking...

2. Such a cab does not exist. You will be lucky to find a 410 that truly handles 600 or so watts and doesnt fart out, regardless of impedance or manufacturers power rating.

If you want a lightweight, high powered cab, then there are much better options than a 410 anyway...

3. Wow. I was gettin' ready to type in, "Get some Eden XLT 4x10's. I've had my WT800 with(2)Eden 4X10xlt's since they hit the market in the 90's. And, I tell ya, I just ain't got it in me to give 'em up. Great, great rig.

4. Perhaps a Genz Benz Uber 410 if the $1300 price tag isn't a deterrent. I'm thinking about trading in my Avatar Cabs and Gibson Thunderbird for one.

5. kimokeo

kimokeo

Jul 7, 2009
    Doesn't matter which one you buy. Too much power and drive to keep from producing a fart.

6. +1

800 watts will drive any 410 to fart out. Two of them, thats a different story.

7. jlepre

jlepre Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2007
    Parsippany, NJ
    The best I ever used in that power range was an Ampeg SVT410HLF. Could easily get nice and low without farting out. Also The Epifani UL2-410 does a nice job too.

If I had my choice it would be the Epifani:
    UL2 Series
    410 CABINET
    SPECS

CONFIGURATION
    4 x 10" 250W Epifani Aluminum-frame Neo Drivers
    100 Watt Bullet Tweeter
    Adjustable Tweeter Level Control
    IMPEDANCE
    8 or 4 Ohms
    POWER RATING
    1000 Watt RMS
    2400 Watt Peak
    SPECS
    Response 40Hz - 16kHz
    Sensitivity 103dB (1W@1m)
    HARDWARE
    2 x Speakon + 1/4" Output Connectors
    Lite Ply Poplar Plywood
    Dado Joint Construction
    Road-Ready Carpet Covering
    High-Impact Locking Corners
    Steel Recessed Handles
    18 Gauge Steel Grill
    DIMENSIONS
    26.25"h x 23"w x 17.75"d
    63.8 lbs

8. haystack55

haystack55 Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2011
    Houston, TX
    +1 on the 410 HLF. for my sound it's the most versatile (albeit heavy) cabinet i've ever used.

9. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    I had a peavey 410 cab for years and it could handle lots of power for a great price. and really it sounded just as good as anything in the normal price range for a 410.

10. Syco_bass

Syco_bass Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Tucson, Arizona
    Custom builder - Arizona Bass Company/Curcio Custom Basses
    I have a Uber 410 @ 4 ohms and I push it pretty hard with my ShuttleMax 9.2. That's *900W @ 4 ohms. I have never heard it fart out. Then again, I can't turn it up past 3o'clock on the gains or that master. It shakes the walls of any room I've ever plaid in. Even in large out door venues, it gets really loud. I always get compliments about how great the cab sounds.

11. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    N.H.
    Yup, two 4x10's if you're going to bridge the Eden's output.

12. gwangi

gwangi Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Bergantino HS410

13. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    Yeah, I like the SVT-410HLF, too - lots of low end, nice sound...

- georgestrings

14. mgbass

mgbass

Mar 31, 2004
    Northern KY
    I have played allot of different 4-10 cabs in my long and lustrous career, and the best I have played through is my current 4-10 by DNA, the DNS 4-10 absolutely kills it.
    Give it all you got and it will take it and more!

Never has farted out and I play on allot of big outside stages and venues.

Check it out, and be prepared to smile.

15. The Bergantino HD410 sounds amazing and is stated to handle 800 Watts RMS.

16. jastacey

jastacey Supporting Member

Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    I'd recommend the Berg HS410, has the rating your looking for, it sounds good with tube amps as well as solid-state amps, has good resale value, and they pop-up every so often in the TB classifieds

17. Aguilar GS410 or DB410? Only 700 watts, but in my experience watts is a vague rule of thumb. I've played cabs that fart out way below their rated power. I've also played cabs that don't fart out at all until you are really about to blow something.
    IME "farting out" seems to be more the fault of over eq-ing.
    Such that if my amp is farting out I check to be sure I havent cranked an eq knob up by accident.

18. miholc

miholc

Aug 17, 2009
    is best 410cab also best 410 for metal?

19. Mulebagger

Mulebagger

Dec 12, 2007
    poppin in the corn belt
    Endorsing Artist: Zon Guitars, Tsunami Cables, DR Strings, GK
    BagEnd Q10BX-D would get my vote, but it's a bit heavy.

It's also the best cab for metal, depending on your outfit :)

20. interesting....for heavy duty which is what i want, yeh i can always turn it down i know

so Epifani UL3 410 or a Bergantino HD410 ?

with the UL3 having the advantage of being lighter...