Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best 4x10 to go with my mpulse 360?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bottlefight, Jun 3, 2003.

1. bottlefight

bottlefight

Apr 22, 2003
    MI
    I am looking at aguilar but i havent played oneyet. The cloest dealer is like a hour away. Im just going off the website and everyone's feed back here. It looks like good stuff. Any other 4x10s that might be good with the mesa.

2. Piezoman

Piezoman

Nov 29, 2002
    Bronx, New York
    Edens are great. the SWRs stuff aint bad.

The best U can get isa bergantino but they dont come in 4x10 but the the best around in my opinion. try and get a berg 3x10 man. Gonna be better than any cab U can get in 4x10.

3. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    I'd say get the Mesa Powerhouse 6x10. That head and that cab seemed to work great together.

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    If you are strictly looking at 4x10's, my favorite 4x10 is the older Diesel or Road Ready Mesa Boogies. Very articulate and balanced, and to my ears, they made Eden and SWR sound muddy and indistinct (although this does not apply to the Eden XST cabs, which are a big improvement to my ears). And while I still love my Diesel 4x10, I am looking to sell it, because it is too heavy for me to routinely haul up and down a flight of steps by myself. If you are interested, PM me.

Of the newer cabs on the market, I think that the Eden T-410XST is worth checking out, but if I were to buy another 4x10, I'd get the Epifani T-410UL. It's under 60 lbs, handles 1000w, and it's and Epifani! I have a T-112 and a T-110UL, which I use with my Mesa Boogie Walkabout (which should have similar tone to your M-Pulse 360) and this combo rules. Not cheap, though.

Hope this helps, Tom.

5. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    yup, that can be a problem. Mine aguilar dealer is about 6 hours away across two borders and three inspections, but I still gonna get that m**********r gs410. No surrender.:bassist: :bassist:

6. JimboBass

JimboBass

May 23, 2003
    Its hard to beat the Epifani T-410UL. 59 lbs and 1000W!

7. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    PHP:
    Its hard to beat the Epifani T-410UL59 lbs and 1000W!
    But aren't the EPI-410 UL's like $1500? Ouch. Perhaps worth the price of admission, but cost is typically a consideration. I wonder what your price range is?

8. bottlefight

bottlefight

Apr 22, 2003
    MI
    I don think i am going to buy a new 4x10. I have this old peavy cab its a 1x15 and 2x8 The 15 inch speaker is bad, i am just going to replace it.

9. I've got a Mesa 400+, and i paired it up with a BagEnd Q10BX-D. It sounds amazing, to say the least. I get super-warmth from the head, but not quite so much of the high end. the Co-Ax in the BagEnd really defines the high end, while keeping the fat lows warm and smooth.

I would have looked into epifani more if i lived in the U.S. or had access to any of their gear whatsoever.

Personally, if i was going to go for one cabinet to do it all, i'd look more into a Bergantino 322, or perhaps something by Accugroove? Either one of those, or again, something with a Co-Ax, to get the full range a bit better. (I personally dislike the sound of horns, i think they sound tinny and cheap.)

Just a few options.

~Zentner

10. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I got a chance to listen to the Accugroove cabs up at Low Down Sound in Detroit, and let me tell you, I was impressed. Depending how my current EA VL-series fetish goes, there may be a Whappo, Jr. in my future someday. Also, about two weeks after I went up there, Low Down Sound started carrying Bergantino and got a 322 in stock. Bummer! Now, I have to go back up there to A/B it with the Accugroove (and Epifani!) cabs.

Tom.

11. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Please let us know how the comparison the Bergantino HT322 compares with the Accugroove. Would be great to read your review! Thanks!

12. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Actually, if I can get up there, I plan on bringing two VL-210s and two VL-208s to throw into the A/B/C/D thing. It may not be for a while, but when I do, I will be sure to report back on my findings!

Tom.