Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Best 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CombatWombat, May 14, 2002.

1. CombatWombat

CombatWombat

May 5, 2002
    What is the best 4x10 for the price, i am not saying it has to be cheap, but the best sound for the price
    used or new, for use alone (no 15 or 18)so definately with some bottom end. put in your favorite and why it is so good

2. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    EPIFANI

The new one's are 1000watts!!! Can't beat that.

3. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Eden D-410 XLT or XST. Take yer pick.

4. fcoda

fcoda

Jan 23, 2002
    Nanuet,NY
    Try the new Hartke 4200 Pro series. Excellent bottom end

5. well ampeg makes a new 1200 watt 4x10, but you know, you didnt state what head you will be using so more wattage may just be a waste of money.

Greg

6. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    I would say that, for the money and in a gigging situation, a used 8 ohm Eden D410XLT will give you the most bang for the buck.

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The best 4x10 is whatever works best for you. I have a 4x10 cab made by EBS that I think is the best. Similarly, I'd never be happy with Epifani or Ampeg, yet others seem to think those are best. That's because they work best for them.

Not me.;)

8. LJW

LJW

Feb 8, 2002
    northeastern pa.
    RAM is correct, the best one is the one you like.

Listen to a few.

One I like is the Bag End Q10BXD.

....evidently RAM can beat me at golf :)

9. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    Tho, i'm a diehard 12" fan, my vote's for Bergantino's 3x10

clear yet fat, juicy. i like it cause it doesnt feel nearly as tight or stiff which makes it compressed sounding to me. never did like 10" speakers too much.

10. lpbassics

lpbassics Guest

Jan 26, 2002
    WI
    i like it, provides warmth and punch... and well.... i like it!!!

try one out if you get the chance!

lp

11. ldiezman

ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    Nashville
    I tried out several cabs before buying my ampeg BXT 410-hl... not just your regular ampeg cab... this thing is a beast.. its heavy though.. watch your back

12. CombatWombat

CombatWombat

May 5, 2002
    I have a Hartke ha5000 a 4.5 xl, a fender bxr300 head, and a homemade 15. I will be replacing all of this eventually. I will be getting a power amp, preamp (maybe a Sansamp RBI) and a 410