Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

best 4x10

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass_rookie, Mar 8, 2003.

1. what does everyone think the best 4x10 cab is?

2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Man, if you really want a good answer, you'd have been better off searching old posts or wording your question a bit differently, because the bottom line is that different 4x10 cabs sound different, and different people like different things. ;)

On the other hand, if you want to initiate a long, semi-flamey thread where people insist passionately that the cab they use is best, well, you're on the right track... ;)

Better to ask people what they like about the 4x10 cab they prefer - deeper bass, punchier, a great glassy tweeter/horn, etc. Also consider that there are some nice 3x10 cabs out there that compete on the same turf...

:)

3. best 4x10.... what ever cab you find that you love and evrytime you play through it it reminds you how much you love it....

4. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    Donkey's right. Plus the 15" lovers will jump in and try to convert you, then the 2x10 lovers will do the same. At about that point someone will point out that only 18" can reproduce the low B accurately and that Bi-amping is the only way to go. Then the smart asses like me will bump in and say that all speakers are crap but some are less crap than others. 300 posts later and you've still got no idea which 4x10 is the best one for you.

TB is a great resource but it pays to be specific.

5. Reefer

Reefer Guest

Mar 9, 2003
  6. Sworn

Sworn

Feb 27, 2003
    So Cal
    lol! You guys really know how to make things easier!
    :rolleyes:

7. Flat Bass

Flat Bass

Dec 8, 2002
    It all depends on your head and bass and cab together. If I had to pick I would say a bag end 410 or a epifani 4-10. They would probably really pump what ever I needed. If I had any choice of a rig it would be two epifani 4-10 cabs, two eden 800 heads and my fender J and a Lakland 55-63. But that is my opinion before this thread takes off. If I ever tour that is what I will tour with.:D

8. Boogie Boy

Boogie Boy

Jan 26, 2003
    I'll don my flak jacket. I own an old ('93) Trace Elliot 4x10 and it thumps. It has some serious low mid in-your-face power. Unfortunately, with the heavy sound comes heavy weight (100+ lbs). I've never had the need to try any other 4x10.